Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #1

Looking for comfy recliners for folks with bad backs....

We are trying to find some nice comfortable reclining chairs for relaxing outside the camper. DW and I both have back problems and we just haven't found anything that doesn't feel like a torture device. Need lumbar support for one thing and it also shouldn't be hard to get out of. Looked at the CW ones in person and some at a few other places like Walmart. So far, the ones we have looked have seat bottoms that are too long and your back is 2 or 3 inches away from the upright portion.

I am finding that after a long day of dragging the trailer up and down mountain passes and twisty roads, my back is a ball of pain and I need sink into something very comfortable...

Anyone find a good chair for those with back issues? Have no problem spending extra $$ on something like this. Top quality so it would last would be nice too.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We bought 2 LaFuma Recliners on line and find them to be very comfortable. I've had 2 back surgeries and these chairs have great support. We also have 2 other chairs we bought at Camping World and they're comfortable as well. We liked the LaFuma chairs after we sat in a few at an RV Show and a few RV Dealers. They aren't cheap compared to WalMart and other stores' chairs but they are comfortable.

lafuma chairs - Bing

Shop around if you want the LaFuma. I can't remember the exact model we bought but they were on sale with free shipping and we bought the storage bags for them at the same time. We bought the wider models.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Lafuma Chairs - Lafuma Outdoor Recliners - Lafuma Zero Gravity Chairs - Lafuma Camp Chairs - Lafuma Furniture USA

Here's where we bought ours. But they were $50 cheaper each when we got them.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote