Old 01-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Dale Carol View Post
if lowering your unit off the wheels will bring it down far enough, but you are concerned about lowering unit on the breaks make a cradle out of wood 2x4/6s and block it up on the axels. so it just comes down on the breaks, but the entire weight is not on them. you don't want to go cutting a hole in your roof to lower the AC that can lead to leaks and more problems in the future.
Cradle for the axel sounds like a great idea. I will look into it and make some measurements when it arrives in April or so.

Just ordered it!

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

Kanga99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #12
Can you build a lean-to off the side of the barn? Start at the peak and build out to needed height.

2008 Roo 21SS
2003 GMC 1500HD 4X4 6.0 3:73 Diablo tuner
mattb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #13
I have the same problem with my shop door. I had to accept the fact that if I was going to use my motorhome on a regular basis, that I would need to build another structure to enclose and take care of my investment. We are in the process of having a metal "carport" type of structure with sides that go all the way to the ground to keep the sun and weather off of the motorhome. I can easily pull out without changing tires or modifying anything, I purchased my unit to use, not store... well at least that is what I told my wife. JH
micpib1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #14
Another idea that I explored was to add a shed roof on the side of my shop, giving it an old fashion barn look. Although my shop is 40X40, I opted to not loose almost half of my floor space to the RV, now I have room for more toys. JH
micpib1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #15
I used 4X4 Square tube posts, 9" I-beam, C purlin and Mueller R-panel to build a roof and one side beside my Mueller barn. This works great and protects my trailer from the Texas sun.
Bob H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Kanga99 View Post
I have a set of car dolly's and thought to perhaps get some cheap rims, remove the wheels altogether and drop the trailed onto the dollies and push it in on the dolly casters. Anyone ever try something like this?
If I had to remove my wheels each time I got the camper from storage or put it back into storage, I can't imagine that I would use it very often! Are you goin got just do this for the winter to keep the unit out the elements? Or is this going to be a regular thing?
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #17
Engineer of Crazy Train
One thing no body mentioned is the Black/Gray water valves and plumbing, and also the rear stab jacks. How much room is in the IKSS to safely lower it??

TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #18
Just a thought - Ask a contractor how much it would cost to raise the whole building up and add 2-3 rows of cement blocks on top of the slab? If you can't lower the ocean, raise the bridge!
2015 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 WS. Rear LR, large street side slide with small wardrobe slide in BR.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Laramie Quad Cab.
wbdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #19
Site Team
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
One thing no body mentioned is the Black/Gray water valves and plumbing, and also the rear stab jacks. How much room is in the IKSS to safely lower it??

That'd be my concern too. He needs to gain at least a foot of clearance (10' 6' trailer going through a 9' 8" opening with a 1" threshold). I don't think I'd gain that much just by taking the wheels off. Heck, the height of ground to the lowest point of my drums is probably only about 6". Not to mention anything else that might hang down that low. You'll probably have to accept it being outside at first, and then either have the barn raised (roof or foundation), expanded, or built a new one.

But then again, you never know. Only way to be sure is to get the unit in hand and measure the height from tallest point to lowest point.
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #20
These may help..but all the above concerns are still a factor:

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheeldolly.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	68401

From the Harbor

2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote