Old 12-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #11

I use a 5 pound tank with the adapter hose. Very convenient and works great.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

As others have said, your grill has a regulator and your RV has a regulator. Two regulators equals not enough grill pressure. You'll need to remove the grill's regulator and replace with a quick connect. You can put a quick connect on the removed grill regulator and keep it around for when you want to actually use the 1lb cans (like carrying it down to the beach for instance). Here's a nice youtube that kind of lays it all out for you.

Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #13

I have had a regulator go bad on the grill attached to a 20LB gas bottle, replaced the regulator and everything was find. The regulator I replaced was located on the grill and the other end of the gas line was attached directly to the gas bottle.
Rockwood 2503s
debandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Is there a regulator with the stove? If yes, then remove that regulator and see if that works.
There has to be if it is running off a 1 pound canister. Sounds like the hose on the trailer is off the main tank regulator supplying low pressure. You can't run the stove off of two regulators. If you remove the one off the stove it will work fine. The reason the dealers stove works fine is because it doesn't have a regulator on it. Either they bought a stove with out it or they removed it.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #15

Many grills combine the regulator with the flame level control in one unit that screws on the bottle. These must run at tank pressure to work.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggeezer View Post
I purchased a LP adapter hose so I can use the rv tank instead of the 1lb cans. The pressure provided through the hose is not enough to run the stove. When I asked the dealer where I bought the hose they said the regulator on the tanks did not provide the same pressure as the 1lb cans, but it will work with the gas stove we sell. That really seemed like an "I have no idea so I'll make something up" answer. The hose was sold to use in replacement of the 1lb can, not just to use with their stove. Any ideas on what I could look for? Thanks
Can you see where the hose you are hooking up to? By this I mean can you see where it is connected to on your trailer? If your hose connects, usually by a "T", to the same gas line as your stove or hot water heater it is a low pressure line. Those lines come from the regulator off of your main gas tanks. It is possible but not very likely it could go all the way back to the tank and connect before the regulator in which case it would be a high pressure line.

If it is a low pressure line you need to remove any regulator from any device you hook to that line. You can not run to regulators back to back, it drops the pressure too low.

I had a grill I wanted to use on my 5er. My dealer was going to run me a high pressure line and I told him not to bother. Instead he gave me a 20 pound bottle I can use for my grill, 2 burner Colman stove or lantern. I have a tree I can put on the bottle and actually use all 3 if I want. Easier to get a 20 pounder filled or replaced and never puts a drain on my main bottles.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #17
Happy Camper

Ditto the above concerning low pressure can not be regulated again at the attached grill.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #18

I bought one of those extend a stay and it came with a connection and hose to use for a grill. etc. Nice setup. Everything before coach regulator.

Tags
gas