Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhreiss View Post
PS:

LED marker lights will need the electronic flasher, not the old school silver can type. The electronic flasher is clear/smoked plastic and works on time intervals, not temperatures.

PEACE OUT

Now this is great, helpful information that I can actually use. I would've gone and mistakenly purchased an old school flasher for emergencies. Thanks Joe, you da man.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 HEMI
adarklake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #42

Marker Lights

I also saw several people doing this when we made a trip up to Ohio. I thought it was cool enough, but not to pay $20+ for the adapter. I bought a female 7 pin connector on Amazon for around $6 and put a fuse between the appropriate pins inside the connector. I keep is in the storage compartment and plug it in when I want to use it.

I also replaced all of my exterior lights with LED, so the draw is minimal.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrookssc View Post
I also replaced all of my exterior lights with LED, so the draw is minimal.
Already done this with the rear lights with complete new LED assemblies. For the marker lights, did you upgrade the whole housing or just the bulbs?
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #44

I do think I is nice to have but I am in the process of ordering all of the materials to add under belly led strip lights. I absolutely love the way it looks on the high end class A's so I'm putting it under my silverback. That way you can change any color for preference or holidays.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #45

LED Lights

I just replaced the bulbs. Took two packs of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And these for the "Flood lights":

I had originally replaced just the bulbs in my tail lights, but putting on the winter cover this year, I snapped off the license plate which attaches to the tail lights. I found the LED replacements on eTrailer, and replaced both of them.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Already done this with the rear lights with complete new LED assemblies. For the marker lights, did you upgrade the whole housing or just the bulbs?

I just replaced the bulbs and not the housing. I bought them in a multi-pack from Amazon. Your experience might be different, but my LEDs required correct positive and negative connections, meaning they had to be inserted in a certain direction or they didn't work. I had to flip some of them upside down before they would light up. This is when the fuse hack would have come in handy.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 01-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I was thinking about this the other day... and how people get so upset at something so little. When I looked around and realized that without moving from where I was standing, just looking in each direction, that I could literally see 5 or 6 light poles for the park roads and RV park buildings.

A neighbor’s parking lights being on wouldn’t change the light level around me.

If that’s the case, there’s nothing to be bothered by.
X2. We were at Fort desoto not to long ago at night it is very dark. The little bit of light coming from each site made such a small difference. If you don't like the things that others do around you boondock.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #48

Quote:
I just replaced the bulbs. Took two packs of these:

These are the ones that I bought as well. Did you have to rotate some of them before they'd work properly? I suppose I should have read the fine print in the Amazon listing- "NOTE: The 194 LED Light is polarity sensitive, switch 180º to get the right polarity if it doesn't light up."

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 01-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #49

LED Bulbs

Yes, I thought that I had some defective bulbs at first. I had to hook up the truck to the camper to get them replaced, and as someone else mentioned, it would have sure been easier if I had that plug to light them up.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #50

What are you using for the underbelly lights ?
Old 01-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #51

Quote:
I bought these they are very price friendly and very easy to replace if need be. I have have had them on my golf cart now for years and they have been great. You can either buy aluminum channels or half moon clips for mounting. They can also be used for 12volt or 120. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190115-133642_Chrome.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	194671
Old 01-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #52

Quote:

Me? My Wildwood came with the indigo colored LED strip preinstalled on the underbelly. They vaguely remind me of that short lived fad in the early 90's where folks would install neon under their car.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 01-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarklake View Post
Me? My Wildwood came with the indigo colored LED strip preinstalled on the underbelly. They vaguely remind me of that short lived fad in the early 90's where folks would install neon under their car.
It's funny how these fads change. Back then it was a rice burner trend. Now lifted trucks and RVs. Although today's products are much better than those neon tubes.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #54

Question, when you removed the lens to replace the bulb what did you use to seal around the lense when you put it back on to stop water penetration.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:59 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Question, when you removed the lens to replace the bulb what did you use to seal around the lense when you put it back on to stop water penetration.

Just some clear adhesive silicone sealant, smeared flat with a finger. I will say there was little to no sealant on these from the factory.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
Old 01-15-2019, 09:09 PM   #56

Send a message via Skype™ to Doc Wu
Funny story - I was working on my marker lights and thought that I'd do this to test them.

I took a paper clip and rebent it to fit the plug.

It didn't work. I found out the paper clip had a clear plastic coating and I had to strip it like a wire!

Incidentally, if you look at the schematic for the connector plug, you can do the same thing for the turn and brake lights. Just jumper different pins.
Doc Wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #57

and off to the races

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I was thinking about this the other day... and how people get so upset at something so little. When I looked around and realized that without moving from where I was standing, just looking in each direction, that I could literally see 5 or 6 light poles for the park roads and RV park buildings.

A neighbor’s parking lights being on wouldn’t change the light level around me.

If that’s the case, there’s nothing to be bothered by.
At the Mega camp grounds in Myrtle Beach there is more light from the light poles at the bath houses and road lamp posts than anything else. This is true, 2 years ago a guy from 3 camping spots over came over in the morning before I had my coffee and told me that the lights I have under my camper ( that I left on all night BY MISTAKE kept his wife up all night from the reflected light from them and asked that I keep them off. Being the nice person that I am I said sure thing sport. As he was walking away I asked him if he had blinds in his camper, he turned and glared at me and then kept walking. This type of person would suck the life out.. inset your idea...of camping.

And the idea of wanting to leave your blinds up and the windows open, It was middle of July and still 80 degrees at 10 o'clock, anyone that would subject their family to the oven that we call campers all night should be divorced. At least this is what MY wife had to say about it.
Resse Goose box hitch, Mor/Ryde SRE 4000, X Factors, shocks... real smooth ride
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:43 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarklake View Post
Eh, I don't like it when people near me play music either. But you know what? They paid just as much for their site as I did. We all have our camping pet peeves, but I'm not going around to various forum posts and telling strangers not to camp next to me. It's rude.
Agreed, as long as quite hours are observed. Additionally I dont select campgrounds that slot you in like cord wood. Large sites like PA State Parks eliminates most of the outside stuff.
cfb1141942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
It's funny how these fads change. Back then it was a rice burner trend. Now lifted trucks and RVs. Although today's products are much better than those neon tubes.

I actually have one of those 12" neon tubes mounted to the frame behind and under my steps. It's blue and I like the soft glow as step lights.

I agree though, today's LED lights are much nicer and brighter, especially if I was going to use them to light up the whole underside of the camper.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:01 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
I actually have one of those 12" neon tubes mounted to the frame behind and under my steps. It's blue and I like the soft glow as step lights.

I agree though, today's LED lights are much nicer and brighter, especially if I was going to use them to light up the whole underside of the camper.

Ray
I do have to give them credit they did pave the way for modern technology. As a car guy I always thought they were some what fragile for under a car. I know I broke a few sets lifting g cars.

Tags
light, tow vehicle