Old 04-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #1

Mattress

What is the pick of a replacement mattress for a rv short queen?

ijon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijon View Post

Buy a 3” memory foam topper from the foam factory in Utica Michigan and ask them to cut it to size.

Walte1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #3

We are very happy with this topper from Amazon. While it's 3" too long, it was $20 cheaper than the same mattress topper in the RV "short queen" size! I was going to cut 3" off but it's not necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RV Short queen:

https://www.amazon.com/LUCID-Ventila...t%2Bqueen&th=1
gorgerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijon View Post
72x80 KING.
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post
72x80 KING.
That's funny, but we just got a topper to, and really it's better then my house bed, I sleep better in the trailer then at home, maybe it's the FRESH AIR but I do sleep better. Has anyone put a sleep # bed in, if so how do you like it?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #6

Just installed a 12" memory foam and cut it to size for my 21QB. Now we're gonna get some sleep. Mine came with 4" foam cushion for a mattress. Hard as a rock on old bones and joints. Build a step to get up on the 12"er, its high.
Pearville 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
That's funny, but we just got a topper to, and really it's better then my house bed, I sleep better in the trailer then at home, maybe it's the FRESH AIR but I do sleep better. Has anyone put a sleep # bed in, if so how do you like it?
I think I saw in one of Doug's updates about the new camper that he was swapping a Sleep # from the old rig to the new rig. Maybe ask him.

For the OP, we got a short queen when we were at the FROG rally that was a Sealy or a Serta or something along those lines. Great mattress, like Witchy here, my DW sleeps better on it than our home mattress. (I on the other hand sleep anywhere.) With the new rig, we just bought a regular queen mattress from CostCo. The old rig absolutely required the short mattress, because in the Flagstaff it went right from the headboard to the wall, but if you have any kind of walk around room, you might be able to just do a regular mattress. There's only like a 5" or 6" difference in length between the two.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #8

We recently replaced our camper queen with a full sized queen. Our camper had a built in "headboard" that also doubled as a shelf. I'm 6'2" and always had my feet touching the wall. Always woke up stiff and uncomfortable.

We removed that shelf / headboard and a full size queen slid right in. Spent three nights in the camper last weekend and I slept like a baby with no stiffness whatsoever.

Best mod to date by a mile...

2016 Super Crew F150
2017 Cherokee Wolfpup 18TO

josheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:24 AM   #9

As to the sleep # bed I got one off of craigslist for $200. I put a new top piece on it and I sleep as good in the trailer as I do on my kingsize Sleep# bed in the house. After finding a place to get parts for all the sleep # beds, I now have a "new" Sleep # bed in the trailer FANTASTIC!
olwogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #10

We bought an 8" regular Queen mattress and then extended the end of the bed about 6+ inches. Sleeps great and our feet don't hang off the end! If you can make the regular Queen work in your rig, you'll spend less and have more variety in mattresses to choose from.

Two shedding mutts
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote