Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2014, 05:41 AM   #1

Mattress

I know this has been covered before but coming up empty when I do search. Anyone have recommendations on replacing the mattress that came with camper? I have a memory foam topper and it still isn't comfy enough. It is a queen size.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #2

I was just thinking about buying a new mattress, should be about the same size
Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #3

I bought this one its been the best sleep. Thinking about getting a full size queen for the house.
http://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattres...=rv+mattresses

2004 Flagstaff 8524RK 5th Wheel
jodyand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #4

Believe it or not: I had the same problem with the used unit I bought a Grand Surveyor GS291. The mattress in it was basically a four inch thick piece of weak foam rubber stuff. We went mattress shopping and found out that the TT mattress was narrower and shorter than a regular household queen sized mattress but that didn't bother me. We were having a hard time finding a place that would sell only the top mattress, they all wanted to sell a set of box springs and top mattress. At one place when I mentioned that this was for a camper the salesman changed his tune and stated "I have just what you need". Now there are times where that statement would make me turn and run but I listened to him. He took us to another area of the store and showed us mattress that had been--ready?--rebuilt. I had never heard of this. He showed us the tag on the mattress that stated the mattress had indeed been rebuilt by a company in Atlanta, GA (I'm in Albany about 200 miles south). They strip off the top and bottom layers of fabric then the filler stuff according to the condition of the mattress. He told me he had been to the factory and seen this actually performed. Some mattresses get stripped to the springs and some only get some filler material stripped off. The new covering goes on with a "pillow topping". The new covering has the brand name "Bamboo" made onto it. What do I care who's name is on it? We have loved this mattress in the camper. It is maybe six inches longer than the old TT mattress and about four inches wider but there's room for it. The cost--$130 cash and carry. Not bad for mattress that sleeps so good. So shop around the discount high volume stores, you just might find something like this.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote