Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #1

Mini lite 2506S Bedroom TV Mount

I just purchased a 2016 - mini lite 2506S

In the bedroom it has a small corner cabinet with TV hook ups ( antenna cable / 110 volt plug) but there are no TV mounting bracket on the cabinet or the wall. I am guessing if it has TV hook ups then some of them had TVs in the bedroom. The cabinet does not open as it has hinges on both side or the door?? Does any one know if a corner bracket is available and how/where would it mount?

Thanks

Steve
Bruin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
Canadian Member

This video shows your unit with a wall mounted bracket for a tv in the bedroom.

https://youtu.be/hxOKJXoQM6U

If it was built with a backer in the wall for a tv mounting bracket it would usually have a sticker on the wall where that bracket is supposed to be installed.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #3

My RV has a cabinet with hinges on both sides so it doesn't open. My understanding is that is FR's way of letting you know the cabinet is not for normal storage. You can open the cabinet by removing the hinges on one side. This is an access point for electronics or some such.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:51 AM   #4

I'll say my new camper did not have a sticker in the bedroom and I asked about it during my walk through, the guy at the dealership showed me where the 2x6 backer board was by tapping firmly on the wall board and I could tell the difference between where he was hitting something solid and not.

It was mid wall between the bathroom door and the exterior wall over just slightly from the Antenna plug and outlet mounted in the ceiling. When I got home, I used a stud finder to relocate it and put some masking tape up on both edges of the vertical backer board. Hung my mount and the TV. I have been on a couple trips since and all is good.

Guess the sticker guy had a bad Monday or other things on his mind if it was a Friday ;-)
Old 11-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
Chris and Cecil

[QUOTE=Bruin1;1965312]I just purchased a 2016 - mini lite 2506S

In the bedroom it has a small corner cabinet with TV hook ups ( antenna cable / 110 volt plug) but there are no TV mounting bracket on the cabinet or the wall. I am guessing if it has TV hook ups then some of them had TVs in the bedroom. The cabinet does not open as it has hinges on both side or the door?? Does any one know if a corner bracket is available and how/where would it mount?

In our 25Fks we have the same corner shelf with non opening door beneath and cable connection above. We bought a standard tv mount at Walmart and the dealer put it in using standard wall screws - not the bolts that came with the mount - on the side wall of the corner (not the rear wall) and we bought a small tv to put up. The wall should hold the mount. Tap the wall to check the thickness and use good screws. The mount doesn’t move at all.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:38 PM   #6

On the 25fks the tv wall backer is metal so you can use a magnetic to find it. Mine covered a pretty large area. I also just used a cheap arm swing mount.
seewolfe32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, lite, mount, roo, tv mount