Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #1

Misty Mate on a camper awning

I've found a product called Misty Mate at my local Tractor Supply. It comes in various lengths from 10 to 30 feet. It has small nozzles that emit a fine mist that supposedly drops the ambient temperature in the immediate vicinity by 30 degrees F. I was thinking about attaching it to the awning (in a temporarily fashion so it can be removed quickly when it's time to break camp).
Has anybody used this product? What were your results? How much water does it go through (dry camping will require bringing in the water)? Is it easy to put up and take down at each campsite?
Thanks'
Harry
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Happy Camper

I used ours for the first time this weekend. I used a splitter on the city water outlet, and ran a seperate water hose to the mister. We have a seperate tent awning, and ran the mister loosly thru the awning frame. It worked great and drew a crowd as temps were at 100 degrees. We did not get soaked bud did get damp and it did cool down the tempature quite a bit. The box says it will drop the temp 30 degrees.

2012 Days Camped - 24 (2,300 miles, 8 campgrounds)
2011 Days Camped - 12
dfrauhiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #3

I was just looking at some similar products today on Amazon. We had the trailer out for the first time this weekend and we sure could have used it as temps were 105 plus.

My only concern for me is connecting it to the awning. Since our awning is electric I am nervous about attaching anything since we have to close it any time we leave for an extended period or with any weather.

I have seen the "stand" misters that are free standing so maybe that could work.
forensicdeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #4

Camping world was selling these also I believe they had the clips to mount them, similar to the rope lighting mounts.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #5

Interesting find. On some days you'd have the most popular site in the campground.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #6

I ordered one from Target, should be here on Monday.........Now just to figure out how to attach it to the electric awning.........or maybe to the TT with suction cups........or those removable sticky hooks??????? I do have electric lights that I put on the awning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
any suggestions.........
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I installed an Aero Mist 300psi mister this past weekend on my awning. Simply used clothes pins to attach the tubing to the front flap of the awning, and pointed the misters down and out. Worked great! If I need to close awning in a hurry, I just grab the end of hose and pull. Comes right off, clips and all. Takes longer to remove and hang lights back up.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #8

After some more thought, I am going to attach my future set like ttrost65. The set I am ordering off of Amazon even comes with some little clips to hang off an awning or umbrella.

I think hanging them off of the awning will supply the best cooling. I also plan on installing the over so popular, at least on this board, string of LED lights on my trailer just below the awning.
forensicdeac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning