Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #1

Talking Mods on new trailer day

The DW is gone for a few days so I decided it was a good time to add all those mods on my list to the new trailer. Very hot to be doing it but did anyway. A lot of iced tea and frequent breaks got me through. I installed a digital thermostat for the heater but couldn't test it until it got below 90 in the trailer. Worked fine. Next up was the Furrion observation camera. The plug they provided was no good so I snipped it off and hard wired it, works great. Put a pizza stone in the oven, changed out the cheap shower head for one of those oxygenics ones. Hung a 24" tv with adjustable arm. The hardest thing was installing the ems surge protector, only because it was a bit cramped (and hot). That worked fine too, attached are a couple photos of it. The second photo is some electrical board underneath the converter. Anyone know what that is? Tomorrow I will install a WD hitch. All that's left is going camping now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180717_100034965.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	180118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180717_084224095.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	180119  
Old 07-17-2018, 11:25 PM   #2

That’s you Lipppert LCI Multifunction board (or similar) to interface with remote control or pad. https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0267.pdf
NWVIBE272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #3

Congrats on all your mods! For what it's worth I find doing mods when DW is away is less stressful .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #4

Congratulations! That is a lot of work. Good work! Be careful with the pizza stone, while driving. They do break, when bouncing around in there. You might want to wrap it in foam, when you aren't using the oven.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #5

So that's what that is. I thought it might have something to do with the heater that's close by.

Good advice on the pizza stone!

I agree, it is less stressful when the DW is gone while doing this.....mostly for her
Old 07-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman View Post
So that's what that is. I thought it might have something to do with the heater that's close by.

Good advice on the pizza stone!

I agree, it is less stressful when the DW is gone while doing this.....mostly for her

Great mods. I’m always looking for my next one!

Seems to me the pizza board breaking is unavoidable. There are lots of threads and all found they break. My solution, wrapped it in aluminum foil. That holds the 4 or 5 pieces in place and it works fine.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
Great mods. I’m always looking for my next one!

Seems to me the pizza board breaking is unavoidable. There are lots of threads and all found they break. My solution, wrapped it in aluminum foil. That holds the 4 or 5 pieces in place and it works fine.
Good tip. When it breaks I'm going to do that.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #8

Just did a mod to my Furrion observation monitor. The sun was washing out my screen so I wanted to put a visor on it. I looked and looked for one on the internet but none were the dimensions I wanted so I made one. I lined three sides of the screen with wood using double sided tape, painted two sides of it and superglued black matting board to the wood and duct taped the two corners. I hope it works well, I can't test it yet because the trailer is in storage. I think it will help a lot though, we'll see. Attached are two photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180721_174856056.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	180734   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180721_183234555_LL.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	180735  

Tags
trailer