Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to mhbell
Smile Mods to my Dinette

Made a poor mans sliding under seat storage tray for my FR EVO 2360. see the link below for details and pictures.
Mel

Click Here

Old 12-06-2017, 10:12 PM   #2

Nicely done!
Did you have a door under each side or did you make a door under the one side (our 210RBXL only has a door on one side)?
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:56 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to mhbell
mine had 2 doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
Nicely done!
Did you have a door under each side or did you make a door under the one side (our 210RBXL only has a door on one side)?
Mine had 2 doors one on each side. Any cabinet shop could make you a door and stain it to match. Some times there is only one door because of wiring and other things under the seat. I had a Hurricane that had both doors but could only access about 10 inches on one side because of a bunch of wiring and other stuff that came up through the floor for the jacks and slide. These design engineers ought to have to live in and design for at least 6 months. Bet they would do things different.
Mel
Old 12-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

I think I can probably do that myself, I'm just curious about some TT's getting 2 doors and some only one. My under seat storage is wide open so they could have had 2 no problem.
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #5

This is an interesting article because my Coachmen Freedom Express 310 BHDS has this type storage area underneath the U shaped dinette and each side has doors. The problem that I have found is that all the "stuff" the boss lady wanted to put under the dinette probably weighs more than all of my "stuff" in the front storage area .
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
Cutty

Nice job! I did the same by my master bed after we put a good mattress on it it was too high so I built a box to step on and put the same thing under them for added storage with a flip up door...
bbcutright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:41 PM   #7

My Wildwood came with a sliding drawer. That's where we keep our large pots and pans.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrell View Post
My Wildwood came with a sliding drawer. That's where we keep our large pots and pans.
Our Salem Hemisphere is a similar model to the Wildwood. Ours had drawers too. Full of pots, pans and all that big kitchen stuff. Great space to use, regardless of yours has drawers or not, the sliding bins would absolutely help with storage and ease of access. Good job!

HemiCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #9

I know this is an old thread , but this is such a great Idea , once I get my hands on my new 5er , I am doing this mod
eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote