Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
New Steps

Cowracer I agree X2
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #22
Who Dares, Wins

I agree. The only part I will say can be a pain, once in a while... I need to make sure to leave room to the side of the camper. They do stick out a few feet so I need to allow for this at rest stops and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Every single time someone puts up a post on these stairs, a group of people start harping on the "What do you do if they get wet or dirty? aspect. Simple, You clean them before storage! A simple hosing or even a wipe-down with some 409 and a rag will suffice. I don't see how this is so hard of a concept to grasp.

Tim

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #23

What works for one doesn’t work for everyone, that’s why Ford, GM and Ram are made. I don’t want the dirt and mud and rocks inside my camper and I have no plans to wipe the steps down after every use. We stop at rest areas and use our own bathroom. The MorRyde steps doesn’t work for us, if it works for you great
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:35 AM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
... You clean them before storage! A simple hosing or even a wipe-down with some 409 and a rag will suffice...

Tim
That is something extra you don't have to do with the TorkLift Revolution and the point we're trying to get you to grasp.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:54 AM   #25
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
That is something extra you don't have to do with the TorkLift Revolution and the point we're trying to get you to grasp.

I see your point. Hell. if I have to go thru the torture of an extra step of rinsing my steps off, I might as well just burn the whole camper to the ground and take up interpretive basket weaving or something less demanding.

[/sarcasm]

I get it. From your many posts about them, you love your torklift staris. I'm happy for you, but I would rather pay to put on the Mor-ryde steps than have the torklifts put on for free. I don't like the style, or the design, or the lack of stability. Now... before you answer on how stable they are... I'll save you the time. I have tried both, and I find the torklift stairs lacking (and way too overpriced). Doesnt mean they are junk, they just aint the option I would chose.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
...(and way too overpriced). Doesnt mean they are junk, they just aint the option I would chose.

Tim
I readily admit they are pricey.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:29 AM   #27

Quote:
I see your point. Hell. if I have to go thru the torture of an extra step of rinsing my steps off, I might as well just burn the whole camper to the ground and take up interpretive basket weaving or something less demanding.

[/sarcasm]

I get it. From your many posts about them, you love your torklift staris. I'm happy for you, but I would rather pay to put on the Mor-ryde steps than have the torklifts put on for free. I don't like the style, or the design, or the lack of stability. Now... before you answer on how stable they are... I'll save you the time. I have tried both, and I find the torklift stairs lacking (and way too overpriced). Doesnt mean they are junk, they just aint the option I would chose.

Tim
I just looked at those torqlift step. Those things are hideous. I'll pass
Old 07-31-2018, 03:28 PM   #28
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshort View Post
I just looked at those torqlift step. Those things are hideous. I'll pass
And what is so hideous about them?
Old 07-31-2018, 03:59 PM   #29
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
And what is so hideous about them?

For me... They remind me of these:

It's just silly looking.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #30

from a stability stand point you can't beat the MorRyde steps. I have 2 dogs that camp with us so I have to get used to a little extra dirt anyway.

We installed these steps to make it much easier for my 81 year old Father in Law to get in and out of the camper. What we didn't realize is how much they helped us. No more shaking the camper, if one of us got up early and took the dogs out.

I consider these one of the best upgrades to our camper we have done. DW thinks its the 2nd best, after her butterfly Stained glass door window

Cowracer's pic is spot on BTW
Old 07-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #31

The best upgrade I ever done to the camper was install disk brakes, I don’t have a window in the door. I have the regular steps that came on camper and have no plans to replace them. They work great for us
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:33 PM   #32
Mod free 5er

Oh well, whatever makes your kite fly.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:02 PM   #33

:: laughing at the hinged boxing glove::

Since you posted that, I'll say... the MorRyde reminds me of the old 'circus' trailers, where you'd see the detachable staircase on the trailer - just like the MorRyde, except they were detachable. And that brings me to my next suggestion on them...

If a rail system could be devised to have them slide in / out under the frame rail, and then attach to / detach from the rail, every problem with them except one would be solved. No more door issues (and no more cleaning issues, for those who list this as a problem.)

The one thing it wouldn't solve is the 'swing' room needed to flip the step outward when in close proximity to another vehicle (mentioned earlier). I rent storage for my trailer when not in use (HOA restrictions), and if the trailers are parked close together, I have to pull mine out a good 15ft in order to put the steps down to get into the trailer. That's kind of a pain, to be honest.

I will say that people who see the MorRyde, tend to like them - they instantly identify with the perceived stability. I had one full-timer in a Class C ask me if they were powered! LOL
Reprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:00 PM   #34
Arkie4BU

How far out do these extend when dropping them from the door to the ground? Our trailer storage is very narrow and I wonder if we could deploy the steps in storage.
arkie4bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:03 PM   #35

I looked at the morRyde steps last year but decided to pass cause some people said they don’t do good in sand and need a solid surface to sit on. Is that true or were they exaggerating? We almost always camp in the desert and am concerned about sand.
deepseadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:24 PM   #36

MorRyde Step Above install

We like the stability, but agree that they aren’t as convenient when stopping at a rest stop and needing to access the rig. My wife is on the shorter side so putting them down or up is also harder.

I’m not concerned about dirt or water getting in when stowing them as I can wipe them down and put a towel under them if needed as the benefit to us outweighs that issue.

At first our dogs didn’t like them, but adding the carpet steps solved that issue and they are able to navigate them easier than the previous set of fold out steps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	595.5 KB
ID:	181935
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #37

My Greywolf 23DBH came with the MorRyde steps and like others it was a selling point. Am I glad they are there, yes. Are they the savior to what we’ve been missing, no. I am fortunate to have 2 doors so at rest stops or quick access I use the other door. The are a bit Kittywampus on soft surfaces and have had to play with the screen door to get them right.

Bottom line. I’m happy with what I got.