Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #1

Motorcycle Lift's

Hello everyone, we are looking into taking our motorcycle’s along with us, just wondering if anyone has a Hydralift Motorcycle Carrier Lift
( Motorhome Motorcycle Lift - Hydralift-USA ) attached to their "C" class? We have a 3170DS Sunseeker and need to know if this is a possibility or if we are going to have to do the old fashioned towing of a trailer. Thanks for any tips or advice that you can give.
holidaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #2

I would love to know also. From what I can find so far , these types of lifts are only for class a's. THis is the first ones I have seen on Fifth wheels.
colestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidaygirl
Hello everyone, we are looking into taking our motorcycle’s along with us, just wondering if anyone has a Hydralift Motorcycle Carrier Lift
( Motorhome Motorcycle Lift - Hydralift-USA ) attached to their "C" class? We have a 3170DS Sunseeker and need to know if this is a possibility or if we are going to have to do the old fashioned towing of a trailer. Thanks for any tips or advice that you can give.
Note the "motorhone pictured is a Diesel pusher with lots of tow and chassis load capacity. I've seen them with 15000lb tow cap. However most class "C" motorhomes are limited to less than 1000 lbs (my 31' had a ccc rating of 373 Lbs), of cargo and 3500 towing capacity. In other word they are nearly overloaded coming off the line!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply, thats what I was worried about, I guess back to the drawing board. We will no have to decide if we go with an enclosed trailer, or an open one, I guess I will have to watch to towing weights close and decide from there!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidaygirl View Post
Thanks for your reply, thats what I was worried about, I guess back to the drawing board. We will no have to decide if we go with an enclosed trailer, or an open one, I guess I will have to watch to towing weights close and decide from there!
Happy to help and good luck with your choices! Good camping!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

X2 what Vince says!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #7

I towed my Goldwing on an open trailer on a 5000+ mile, 6 week tour to Montana, Yellowstone and back. You would not believe all the places you can get dirt and grime in your bike on an open trailer. If you can swing go with a closed trailer. Saves HOURS of cleaning.
jwwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #8

The other nice thing about an enclosed trailer would be that no one knows what your towing, and a little more security for the bikes as well. If anyone has any tips that I should keep in mind when I am looking for a trailer it would be great if you could share them with me.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

Holidaygirl.............

I do not work for or stand to gain anything for suggesting you visit this website for what I believe to be the best enclosed motorcycle trailer around. You will NOT know you are towing it, and we occasionally tow our Goldwing inside it with my wife's 4 cylinder car. You do not need a 1/2 ton pickup to tow a full sized motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRUISER (*Base Price: $2,999.00)

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #10

That is one cool trailer, what is it like for tying the bike down? It does not look like there is a lot of room up front for strapping the front of the bike to the deck.