Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #1

Mounting an outside grill

We bought a Wildwood 241QBXL and I bought a grill and mounting rail. Has anyone mounted one of these? I have some questions about how to determine where the wall studs are and also how to tee in to the gas line.
Thanks for any help!
pastor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #2

Welcome and congrats on your Wildwood 241QBXL. Are you sure there isn't already a place to connect the grill to the LP? Most campers have one on the curb side underneath.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #3

Give some real though about mounting it on the rear bumper! F/R has this option on some units with the OS/kit! I have not seen a unit with the Quick Con. without the grill Option. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #4

To Wiscampsin - Thanks. Just to be sure, I went out and laid under the trailer ... again. One gas line runs front to back on the road side. It's teed at the rear, I'm guessing to the furnace and the refrigerator.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor99 View Post
To Wiscampsin - Thanks. Just to be sure, I went out and laid under the trailer ... again. One gas line runs front to back on the road side. It's teed at the rear, I'm guessing to the furnace and the refrigerator.
Good,there is a post right now about the rear bumper bracket. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
Perma-Newb

I got the grill option, not for the grill, but for the remote LP connection. Sure might come in handy not to mention I don't have to add it myself.

2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS, Diamond Package W/All the goodies

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50858_1.gif
EarlyRetirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyRetirement View Post
I got the grill option, not for the grill, but for the remote LP connection. Sure might come in handy not to mention I don't have to add it myself.
That option wasn't made available to me. Thanks for all your input.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #8
Old Enough to Know Better

Pastor
You will need to tee into your gas line after the regulator and where it is conveniant with conventional pipe or flare fittings then run your branch line to where you want it and install a shut off then you can use a quick disconnect and hose to hook up your grill. Please note this will be low pressure 11"wc (6.35oz) If the grill you choose uses the throw away bottle this will not work you would have to tee in between the regulator and tank and run a high pressure line.
Mr Heater has most if not all of the stuff you need either way. You can find it online or at Menards/Rural King/tractor supply. I have attached a couple of pictures of the 12ft hose w/quick disconnect and the quick disconnect by its self. Once you open your system make sure to test all of the new connections with a soapy water solution if it bubbles you got a leak.

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: doc MR HEATER.doc (167.5 KB, 88 views)
gasman6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman6674 View Post
Pastor
You will need to tee into your gas line after the regulator and where it is conveniant with conventional pipe or flare fittings then run your branch line to where you want it and install a shut off then you can use a quick disconnect and hose to hook up your grill. Please note this will be low pressure 11"wc (6.35oz) If the grill you choose uses the throw away bottle this will not work you would have to tee in between the regulator and tank and run a high pressure line.
Mr Heater has most if not all of the stuff you need either way. You can find it online or at Menards/Rural King/tractor supply. I have attached a couple of pictures of the 12ft hose w/quick disconnect and the quick disconnect by its self. Once you open your system make sure to test all of the new connections with a soapy water solution if it bubbles you got a leak.

Good Luck
One additional thought. If you tee between the tank and onboard regulator you will probably have a manually operated valve for your tee output. When you open that valve to supply propane to your remote appliance (grill etc.) open the valve slowly so the auto shut off (sensing an open gas line) for your onboard propane bottle does not trip. I believe this to correct.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #10

Thanks again to all.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #11

I did install the additional gas line and mounting bracket for the grill.
Works great!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #12

after I've screened in the shower plus cut a hole in the roof for a new skylight/fan above it, removed the factory tv location and radio cabinet to build a pantry, got the a/c split system installed I am planning to remove the factory suburban gas ducted heater and replace it with a bbq that I can slide out and utilise the gas line there. sure i'll have to cut a big hole in the side and install a lockable lid, but it'll be worth it.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount