Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Mounting rod racks to the ceiling

I just bought a WPT28FS and have picked up a set of rod racks to mount in the ceiling. I planned on putting them in the cargo area but one of my heavers won't clear the screen and the front wall, I am going to put them in the in the front. They are up high enough to allow the slide to have full travel with the rods in them. Has any one done this, any tips?

Joe Gag

Joe Gag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
I am back from the Outer Banks and the rod racks worked fine. I used a stud finder to locate the roof supports, pulled a screw out of one of them to check to see how long it was, added the thickness of the rack to get my screw length, and drilled a small pilot hole for all the mounting screws. After I figured out how to do it, the install only took about 15 min.
Joe Gag is offline   Reply With Quote