Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #1

Mounting Solution for Furrion Monitor for Ram

Purchased the 7 inch Furrion Camera system, with all the cameras (back, side and door) for the new Sandpiper. Now, where to mount the giant screen in the 2017 Ram? Perhaps this solution will work for you.

When you buy the camera they give you a suction cup window mount and a table top mount, but this monitor is too big to mount in my front window without blocking my view or becoming distractive. So, after much poking around and a little thinking, I came up with this simple solution. I noticed this truck had an upper and lower glove box. The upper box has a grove around door that was plenty deep to accept the flange of a small bracket. I simply glued the bracket to the monitor and slid it in the upper glove box groove. The unit seem to be tight enough not to slide around, so I think I'm good. I suppose I could add a lower strap if it becomes a problem.

The beauty of this solution is that the monitor is easily taken down, easily visible with a quick glance, and rides in front of my wife who advises me on lane changes! It was also essentially free, which is important because you won't have any money left if you buy all this stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1106.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	205213   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1111.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	205214  
EyeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
REL

I strapped mine to the rear view mirror using long velcro network cable ties.. holds tight easy on and off.
REL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:52 PM   #3

Thanks man, that's really a great solution to the problem. I was just throwing mine down on the tray underneath the UConnect, not knowing where else to put it. Can't wait to go home and try it! (I even have a bracket that I think will work.)
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:13 PM   #4
Retired Old Fart

I don't have one yet, but I'm thinking of trying to find a flip down mount that I can put on the ceiling above the center rear view. With the trailer connected, that mirror is useless anyway, so just flip the camera monitor down (or use a clip/strap on mount like REL suggested). Then you get your "rear view" back via the monitor.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:57 AM   #5

That screen is huge!
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:16 PM   #6

I agree the rear view mirror strap-on is really the optimal user friendly location, but no matter how I seemed to arrange the screen, it always nipped off a portion of my front view. This screen is really pretty big. In any event, both solutions are inexpensive to try out.
EyeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount