Old 08-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
What kind of dehumidifier do you use? I haven't heard of doing that, but sounds practical.

Henry & Tena
2013 Solera 24S
The Great Escape
hkreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #12
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
What kind of dehumidifier do you use? I haven't heard of doing that, but sounds practical.
I think he is using this or something like it as he mentioned "tub"

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #13
It baffles me as to why they cut such a large opening for some of the things that go through the floor of a camper. Some holes on our rig had some kind of gray spray foam that the mice seem to enjoy eating. I removed all of that and replaced it with GreatStuff foam as well as hitting all the places they missed. We go through a box of Bounce in the fall and I run a trap line in the outside compartments and right inside the main door so they're all easy to check. Since fixing the holes around the landing gear I haven't had any.
2004 Wildcat 28BH
2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7CTD
fast murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:19 AM   #14
Damp Rid

Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
TEN BUCKS AT LOWE'S/Or Wal-Mart.Works well
2013 Palomino 30ft. of Pure Bliss at 5400#-and then we have this 14 ft.Sea Eagle that I tote around for my wife and son.Michigan State Parks are The Best !:thumbsup
Boss Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
After using expanding foam and steel wool to close off all openings that I could find, I set up glue traps all around the trailer. I also use an ultrasonic pest repeller in the basement.

Don and Michele
3 Adult Children - 2 Granddaughters
Present campsite - future homesite  4
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 AM   #16
Go to the dollar store and buy a box of 100 bounce sheets. Spread them out in the trailer everywhere. This has worked for us for the past 3 years.
Zwicker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:01 AM   #17
Don't know if works for sure but I have heard moth balls under the camper helps them from wanting to be in that area.

I would try it if I was having a problem. I am killing gnats in mine. Seems the heavy duty fly swatter is the best for that still.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #18
Mouse problems

Have another thing to share on mouse control over the winter months while the trailer is in storage. We have used Peppercorns now for over 10 years and haven't had a mouse yet. Lots of trails in the grass after the snow disappears but non inside. We just walk though the trailer and take a bag of the peppercorns and toss them cupboards, under beds, anywhere you can toss them. Apparently they don't like them. Then in the Spring...vacuum them up and you are good to go.
Vtxguypei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #19
I did the dryer sheets one year and the mice made a nest out of them. At least I will have soft, nice smelling mice with no static cling.
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L Powerstroke
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #20
We use Freshcab rodent packs, one box of 4 packs does us all year. Available online or at most hardware and farm supply outlets.

Cheers from Alberta Canada

2011 Flagstaff 8526RLWS 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F250 4X4 Crewcab Superduty 6.7L Diesel
B&W 3300 Hitch for Ford 5th Wheel Prep package
Windywest is offline   Reply With Quote

roo, roof