Old 05-27-2016, 10:32 PM   #21

My sofa was also sagging. After reading this forum I went and looked and saw the brackets that look like they should have a bar in them. Well a piece of 1" square steel tubing fit perfect, wow sofa is so much not comfortable now that it is flat. But wait, the drawer to the storage space still catches the front of the sore cushions. So I added a additional 3/16" piece of steel to the 1" square tube! Works great. Added a coat of black spray paint and it looks factory. I do want to show my wife some of the other mods to the storage, as the factory drawer is such a poor use of space. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464402704.724105.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	109294

Old 05-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinwak View Post
My sofa was also sagging. After reading this forum I went and looked and saw the brackets that look like they should have a bar in them. Well a piece of 1" square steel tubing fit perfect, wow sofa is so much not comfortable now that it is flat. But wait, the drawer to the storage space still catches the front of the sore cushions. So I added a additional 3/16" piece of steel to the 1" square tube! Works great. Added a coat of black spray paint and it looks factory. I do want to show my wife some of the other mods to the storage, as the factory drawer is such a poor use of space. Attachment 109294
that's a good fix and it also proves my dad's old saying "there's more than one way to skin a cat"

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, storage