When I made mine a year ago .............. I went to Bernard's and bought a 10 ft stick of 1 inch pvc pipe. Had the kid cut 4 ft. off of it so it would fit in the car.
Then bought the tee and a 45 and two end caps. ( I had the eye screws at home)
Then once at home I cut the pipe two more times..... another 4 ft. and then cut the remaining 2ft. in half.
1. Now glue the cap on one of the four foot pieces.
2. Glue the tee to the other end of the above piece.
3. Glue and add a 1ft. piece into that tee.
4. Glue a cap on the end of that piece.
5. Glue the 45 to the last piece of 1ft pipe.
6. Donot glue the other end of the 45.
This leaves it free to slide over the vertical pipe stand so it can be taken apart for transport. The eyescrew is for different kinds of flags that have a string or some other type of fastener to hold the flag on the pole.
I use rebar for the rod that is driven in the ground. I sharpened it with a grinder.
Next find a large washer that will slide down over the rebar
The washer lets the flag turn easily with the wind.