Well, the panels have been sitting up on the roof for a couple of days. I try to run as many of the lights as possible, and the water pump and bathroom fan. Even the TV on the inverter for a while.
I'd check on the charger in the morning to see that it was charging, and then again when I got home. Everytime in the afternoon, it was back on a trickle, even the day I was only at work for a couple of hours.
Today I got up there and mounted the panels.
I found it easier to locate the trusses with a stud finder then make a transfer mark on my panels. I brought the panels down and drilled some extra holes in the frame to mount my Z brackets right where the roof trusses were. That let me make sure every screw got into something solid.
Of course, a liberal application of Dicor sealant under each Z bracket, followed by an EXTRA liberal glob on top of the screws.
We have a four day camping trip down at the beach reserved for the middle of May. They have hookups, and I'll have my generator, I'm hoping to not need either. So we're going to try boondocking in the campsite. This will also be an experiment because we'll have several kids with us and I forsee lots of electrical usage.
I left room on the aft, port side of the roof for an additional panel if usage and budget dictate.