Well, I pulled the proverbial trigger today and did my 50 amp conversion. Took about 8 hours from start to finish, including a quick trip to Lowe's.
I've now got the cable going through the floor instead of out the side. I'd like to do the same with my water supply.
I pulled the inverter out of the original panel to save space. Since I don't have batteries, and the only thing the 12v powers are a few lights, I could replace the inverter with a simple 12v power supply. Will leave it as is for now though.
Here's a few pics.... the first couple showing my "helper" who wandered by occasionally for supriise inspections.
..... going in for a closer look!