You all are causing me to spend way too much money
Got mine most of the way completed today with the exception of finalizing the 12V connection.
I think I have learned from everyone on this thread though which has been a good part of me getting this on later. Too start with I have a 21 foot awning (had to put two sections together.) So I got to work on my soldering skills.
Next I decided to use some outdoor sprinkler low voltage wire to run from the lights, down the awning poles and into the camper. More soldering:
Finally I used the 3M tape that came with the lights, and also used silicone on both ends of the lights. I also used some to cover the small break/gap in the two sections and put a couple of beads of silicone about every 3 feet to help keep everything secure. Made sure to put enough silicone around the hole where the current power wires run through the camper after pulling the cable in.
Last but not least, run a quick test to make sure that everything worked (no solder yet, just some electrical tape.)