Old 07-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #1481
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHS79 View Post
We just got back from camping and I noticed that I have a very slight problem. On one of the light clusters the green LED is not lighting up, red and blue work but just not the green. Its only the one light, about 7 from the cut end of my strip. Has anyone had this issue before? Does anyone have any idea what happen or if I can fix it?
I have the same issue on one segment of mine. One of the surface mounted LEDs or a control resistor has an intermittent connection. Press on each component in the malfunctioning segment and see if you can get a connection.

One of these days I will cut it out and solder in one of the segments I cut off.
Going to be a project, because the strip is located under the material attachment track and I will be working with my neck craned up.

No looking forward to the stiff neck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How-to Handbook.pdf (1.22 MB, 59 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

I have the same issue on one segment of mine. One of the surface mounted LEDs or a control resistor has an intermittent connection. Press on each component in the malfunctioning segment and see if you can get a connection.

One of these days I will cut it out and solder in one of the segments I cut off.
Going to be a project, because the strip is located under the material attachment track and I will be working with my neck craned up.

No looking forward to the stiff neck.
Just noticed the same thing with mine this weekend while camping. Three of the lights have a bad connection on red (when I push on them they work.). I'm planning on cutting those three out as they are the last three in the segment and replacing them. Like you Herk, I am not looking for to the stiff neck while doing it and it really doesn't bother me too much for now so I will do it someday when I get the time

QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #1483

I just went and looked at mine again, from the ground (about 3ft away for me) the green LED appears to be out. But once I got a ladder out and got up close the green is actually on, but very dim. I tried pushing on the strip to see if that made a difference but it did not. It is the 7th LED from the end of my strip, all the lights before that and after it are just fine, even the 2 others in the segment. Its just that one light.
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
PHS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #1484

Hey guys thanks for all the great posts will be ordering some lights and extras soon and wanted to make sure I have my head around everything....

I was going to run one strip on or under the awning and then I was going to buy another 1 meter strip and basically cut it in two for the steps.

I will end up with an extra controller which is good, but wanted to make sure i have it figured out on running all three lights from the one controller.

the simplest solution I think will be to get a three way dongle to plug into the controller and then run the appropriate length of 4-wire to each strip.

Sound correct?

Has anyone done this, and degradation in light out put?

Other ideas ?

Thanks for all the ideas!

TJ
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #1485

How to keep the lights from sticking to the awning

Guys,

For those that roll the light strip up inside your awning, how to you keep the silicone strip cover from sticking to the vinyl? Thanks!

-Grim
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #1486
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Guys,

For those that roll the light strip up inside your awning, how to you keep the silicone strip cover from sticking to the vinyl? Thanks!

-Grim
It just doesn't .
Mine doesn't anyway.

Turbs
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #1487

Mine does that, but I'm just careful (go slow) about opening the awning at the end. I've thought about using some tire dressing on the silicone to keep it from sticking, but it really isn't an issue for me.

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by zs325RES View Post
Mine does that, but I'm just careful (go slow) about opening the awning at the end. I've thought about using some tire dressing on the silicone to keep it from sticking, but it really isn't an issue for me.
I tried Armor All but it didn't work. I'll try the tire dressing. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Guys,

-Grim
I've never had an issue with mine sticking.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #1490

I just ordered a set of these lights with the AC adapter, remote and all from Ebay, price is down to $22.90 with free shipping. Some people have said they take a wile to arrive. I got mine from a place out of California, and the price included express shipping, got them in 3 (working) days. Can't wait to install and try them out. I have not seen them around the area we live and camp (upstate NY) so I expect people will be checking them out.

Tags
awning, led pad