Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #1551
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexan View Post
Mine had the right plug, and control box, just no AC-DC power supply. I assume radio shack would have them?!?
I know this is an older question but do you know many of these LED lites
are 12v? I'm wondering why you need an AC/DC supply?
__________________

__________________
Peace!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #1552
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I know this is an older question but do you know many of these LED lites
are 12v? I'm wondering why you need an AC/DC supply?
All LED lights are powered by DC voltage, they usually have a range between 5-24 volts. The AC powered ones go into a power pack similar to the one on a laptop computer that converts the AC to DC.
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #1553
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
All LED lights are powered by DC voltage, they usually have a range between 5-24 volts. The AC powered ones go into a power pack similar to the one on a laptop computer that converts the AC to DC.
^^^True story^^^ that's what my control box has, lucky for my I got 2 sets for Christmas so I should be covered but would still like a adaptor for this set.
__________________
06 D-Max CC 4X4

2014 Wildcat 344QB-OK
EastTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #1554
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexan View Post
^^^True story^^^ that's what my control box has, lucky for my I got 2 sets for Christmas so I should be covered but would still like a adaptor for this set.
OK I just wonder WHY you need an adapter??
Your RV has 12v. LEDs are 12v.
What are you adapting?
__________________
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #1555
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Light Cover

Found something kind of interesting on the internet, there is a metal track you can purchase, also has a 3M sticky back, but it has a channel that the LED Ribbon Lights are mounted in, but here is the kicker, the channel comes with a clear plastic shield that attaches to the channel as it as a groove that will accept the plastic shield. This is what I intend to do on mine before next summer, good winter project. Plan to get some more information on this product as I think this is the answer:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornnumb2 View Post
Just got back from a trip and were disappointed that my lights didn't work any more. They have been on my awning rail for about a year but I guess with all the humidity here in Texas the awning must sweat and the water proof strip was discolored and only about 4 lights still worked. Now to figure some way to attach a new set but be able to take off and on. Michael
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #1556
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Found something kind of interesting on the internet, there is a metal track you can purchase, also has a 3M sticky back, but it has a channel that the LED Ribbon Lights are mounted in, but here is the kicker, the channel comes with a clear plastic shield that attaches to the channel as it as a groove that will accept the plastic shield. This is what I intend to do on mine before next summer, good winter project. Plan to get some more information on this product as I think this is the answer:

Do you have a link for that track?
__________________
Hornnumb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #1557
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
OK I just wonder WHY you need an adapter??
Your RV has 12v. LEDs are 12v.
What are you adapting?
The reason for the adapter is that these are not just for RV's, and in your home you do not have 12 V. Hopefully this makes sense!!
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #1558
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Led channel w/diffuser

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	led_extrusion_c500.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	44604  
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #1559
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Led channel

As you can see, this application offers two methods fo installing the led's;
install the channel first, 3m tape, glue it, or screw it: Mount the led ribbon lights in the channel then install the clear plastic channel to hold them in along with the 3m tape that comes on the back. You can purchase the alumn. Channel different lengths"




Quote:
Originally Posted by lkicklight View Post
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #1560
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 27
Mine quit working-has anyone done any troubleshooting on these?
__________________

__________________
Slugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.