Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #1641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrogers221 View Post
I bought a 32 ft reel from China off EBAY with mini rf controller and just cut off 11 ft to fit 21 ft awning.

Do you have a link to the eBay site to where you bought it all?

Nights camped 2012 = 48, Nights camped 2013 = 46, Nights camped 2014 = 47, Nights camped 2015 = 49
donzie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #1642

Cool led light strip

Here is the link where I got my lights.
Waterproof Continue 10 Meters 32 8 ft RGB LED Strip Light RF Controller PSU | eBay

Old 02-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #1643

80 bucks for that seems pretty steep in my opinion..
Old 02-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #1644

Mounting Light Bar.. Need Thoughts..

After having mounted one set of LEDs in the underside of the awning channel using 3M Automotive Trim Tape, and then having to go through all of the trouble to remove them and the tape residue left behind because they failed, I am trying a different approach this time. I purchased two 8' long aluminum light channel sections with clear lenses. The LED's will be mounted in the channel protected from the weather. I want to mount this channel directly on the side of the trailef's aluminum siding just under the awning rail facing out. From the pictures I have attached you can see I have 2 choices on how to mount the rail (channel).. Option 1 (Picture A) would be just to back the aluminum channel with butyl tape, and attach it with sheet metal screws to the siding every 2 ft or so.. Option 2 (Picture B) would be to attach the stainless mounting clips that came with the channel to the trailer siding evey 2 ft or so and then just snap the channel into place. Although the clips seem very rigid, they are of a thin material and am just wondering how they would hold onto the channel with normal road viberation. What would you do? I don't want to have to do this again in the near future and thought several sets of eyes and ideas might avoid any problems I may have overlooked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WITHOUT.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	46984   Click image for larger version

Name:	WITH.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	46985  
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #1645

Ted, I drilled and countersunk blind flush-mounted rivets every 2 feet or so. I did not use clips for fear of GIP channel falling off the MH when underway.
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #1646
Cyclone

I'm in the middle of the exact same project. Only difference is I chose the aluminum channel that turns the lights at a 45 degree angle. I have a large disdain for drilling any holes that will eventually leak no matter how well you seal it. As such I've decided to use the super strength molding tape on the channel like you did the the first time. When my lights fail (I'm confident they will) I can simply replace them in the channel. I am also using white lights because I'm writing them to a rocker switch inside.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #1647

Adony, so just the lights failed, or did the tape also come off? If only the lights, I would just use the same style of tape again. Not a huge fan of drilling into the side of an RV if I didn't have to. Jerry
Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #1648

Hi there. Love this thread. Read about 70 pages of and countless other random pages from there on.
Ordered some light strips and plan to install once the snow melts.
But here is my question, and I apologize if it's been addressed:
I have a set of 5050 LED with 150 lights per 5M. It came with a 24 button IR remote and controller. The weird thing is, when I press the green button it lights up blue and there are a few other buttons that don't correspond with the color.
I thought maybe something was up with the controller or remote, but when I plugged a 44 button remote and controller into the light strip, it responded the same.
And alternately, when I plugged either controller into a different 300 light LED strip I have both performed perfectly.
Was wondering if anyone experienced this or if there were any suggestions to fix it.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #1649

Controller

These controllers are not the hottest thing on the market today. They have all kind of little glitch's, from what you have described to not working at all too only lighting in one mode. At one time there was a re-programing mode someone posted, I have tried it on my 5050 set, did not work, then I took another controller from a 3058 set, now everything if fine.
My 5050 lights are on an awning not attached to the coach but is actually over it. I use the AC/DC converter, so that means they have power on to the transmitter all the time. Went up to the lot last weekend to check on the Sunnybrook and wouldn't you know, the lights were on all by themselves as the controller was inside the coach no where in site of the transmitter, go figure. Turned the lights off with the controller, all is well.
Think if we had a better controller other than the line of sight model, probably would not have the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warno View Post
Hi there. Love this thread. Read about 70 pages of and countless other random pages from there on.
I have a set of 5050 LED with 150 lights per 5M. It came with a 24 button IR remote and controller. The weird thing is, when I press the green button it lights up blue and there are a few other buttons that don't correspond with the color.
I thought maybe something was up with the controller or remote, but when I plugged a 44 button remote and controller into the light strip, it responded the same.
And alternately, when I plugged either controller into a different 300 light LED strip I have both performed perfectly.
Was wondering if anyone experienced this or if there were any suggestions to fix it.
Attached Images

2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #1650
Cyclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by warno View Post
Sounds like one of the wires on the light string is mis matched.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led pad