Old 05-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #1901

So where did you wire these into the trailer?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:05 AM   #1902

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzak13 View Post
So where did you wire these into the trailer?
On mine I tapped the 12v powering the switches above. My porch, scare, and kitchen lights all run of the same fuse.

2008 Wildcat 32QBBS(your pregnant again), 2004 Wildcat 29BHBP (oooh twins), 2000 Travel Supreme (pre kids)
Dirt_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #1903

Dirt Farmer, that has to be the cleanest install yet, nice job! Does that Tee fit tightly over the Klux channel?

InTheSticks
Old 05-23-2015, 10:18 PM   #1904

Ive gone through about 150 thousand ways to hook these up but no one with a Shasta Oasis as of yet lol. Has anyone installed these lights to a oasis 28bk? if so where did you run power to and how did you hook them up being there is a slide on the awning side. Pictures and install directions would help as well.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheSticks View Post
Dirt Farmer, that has to be the cleanest install yet, nice job! Does that Tee fit tightly over the Klux channel?

InTheSticks
It does not, the wire channel is 3/4" and the Klus channel is 1/2". Can't tell from the ground, but I used clear silicone to seal up the difference.

Thank you for the compliment, I'm very happy with how they turned out
2008 Wildcat 32QBBS(your pregnant again), 2004 Wildcat 29BHBP (oooh twins), 2000 Travel Supreme (pre kids)
Old 05-27-2015, 09:33 PM   #1906

So I "stole" the Klus LED channel idea from Dirt Farmer...and ran the channel the full length from awning channel to awning channel, ran the wire down the inside (power awning cover) to the bottom access hole and drilled a hole into the storage. Attached with 2 sided gorilla tape. It was close to 17' so I had to get two 5M rolls, cut off and using some inside...
RGB with the 44 Key remote.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:00 AM   #1907

Looks great!!! I can't take credit for the klus channel, it was mentioned earlier in this thread.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #1908

Anyone have issues with the controler going crazy? 44 Key. (this model RGB LED Strip Light Controller with Remote 44 Keys | LED) Its not the remote as I have 4 remotes, it wont shut off and the colors are all crazy, I can hook up a different controller and it works fine but is there a way to "reset" it? I seen many ways of reprogramming the remote but nothing for the controller.
Thanks.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #1909

I am late to the game with this, but here is my version.
I ordered a multi color set that also had dedicated true white lights (5-pin connector setup) from Amazon. Not going to post a link, as these change all the time. (Click on the picture for a larger view)

This is in full daylight, I do not have a nigh picture yet.

I have a manual awning, and did not have a good place to tap power thru the wall. I decided to mount a box to house the control unit. I used one that has a shallow box as part of the cover. I ran the wire from the LED light strip in behind the over and caulked the cover to the camper wall. This way I did not drill any holes and it can be removed if needed, leaving no holes in the camper wall.

The control units stays in this box during travel. The very small pins that are used on the plug from the controller to the light strip look like they won't stand up to a lot of use (plugging in/ unplugging), so I wanted to leave this pat alone and use the plug from the power cord to the controller as my disconnect point. I cut a notch in the bottom for the power cord and the remote sensor cords to deed thru when the cover is closed.

I can reach this with a short one step stool, so connecting is not a big deal.

I used velcro to mounted the remote to the side of the cabinet just inside the door for easy access.

I hope this helps anyone who is trying to figure out how to mount their setup.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #1910

Mod Guy:

I am also late to this thread and am planning on installing a set in the near future. Great pictures and installation instructions! Like you, I have a manual awning on my 2010 Wildwood XLite and was wondering on how to power them up. I have a few questions on the install if you don't mind. I'm torn between installing them as you did on the side of the trailer or installing them on the awning tube. If they are on the awning tube, you won't be able to see them directly but will see the "glow" on the side of the trailer and I can use the awning rails to route the wiring to the outdoor plug. However, if we have a nice night but windy (as it often is here) I won't be able to open the awning and use the lights. If I mount them on the side of the trailer will I get the same "glow" effect on the trailer body? Any thoughts? Why did you choose the side of the trailer under the awning for your mounting location?

Tags
awning, led pad