Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #1961
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Poconos, PA
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp3078 View Post
Sorry, I should have explained better. Wiring in to the light I don't have a problem, it is getting some type of extension, or splicing in the middle of the strip, so I can go straight down from the LED Strip in to the light housing.

I don't want to have to run the strip all the way down, and then run an extension back 8 feet to go in to the housing if there is a better way.
I see what your saying.. I thought about doing it that way but decided to run the 12 volts inside the camper in the cabinet and mounted the controller in the cabinet .. then ran the jumper from the lights inside to the controller.. From the outside all you see is the small wire on one end going in to the controller..

Joe
__________________

meganjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:06 PM   #1962
Senior Member
 
gmann55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 291
Hate to sound dumb, but where do you mount the eye so you can change the lite mode from out side! The eye has only a 6 in lead from the controller?
__________________

gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:11 AM   #1963
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann55 View Post
Hate to sound dumb, but where do you mount the eye so you can change the lite mode from out side! The eye has only a 6 in lead from the controller?
I went through the hole where the wire came in for the electric awning. I mounted the controller inside and ran the IR eye through the hole to outside. Others used the porch light ect.
It will take you awhile but if you read this entire thread you will see many ways to mount the lights and get power to them.
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:03 AM   #1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
I went through the hole where the wire came in for the electric awning. I mounted the controller inside and ran the IR eye through the hole to outside. Others used the porch light ect.
It will take you awhile but if you read this entire thread you will see many ways to mount the lights and get power to them.
Agree with Crunchman,but I think after the "Novelty" wears off the controller key pad will be inside the unit in a drawer! Most find what they like and leave it set there! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #1965
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Agree with Crunchman,but I think after the "Novelty" wears off the controller key pad will be inside the unit in a drawer! Most find what they like and leave it set there! Youroo!!
Agreed, I leave mine set on Blue.
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #1966
Senior Member
 
KMP44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann55 View Post
Hate to sound dumb, but where do you mount the eye so you can change the lite mode from out side! The eye has only a 6 in lead from the controller?
Just drop $6.95 on an RF controller upgrade like this one and you are good to go. No drilling or line of sight required...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4GHZ-RGB-...ss!61354!US!-1
__________________


2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #1967
Senior Member
 
larry2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 223
I've not read all 200 pages of this thread but I have gone through quite a few and haven't seen this question answered. We have a '17 Cruise Lite and the awning light seems to be simply a white light strip with on & off (no LED remote was provided or found). Is there anything that might indicate that this light could be multi color? I'm hoping maybe I could change it to blue or green and not have it so bright.
__________________
I just want to be outside!!!
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 210RBXL
'11 F150 5.0
Two shedding mutts
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #1968
Senior Member
 
RandK-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
I've not read all 200 pages of this thread but I have gone through quite a few and haven't seen this question answered. We have a '17 Cruise Lite and the awning light seems to be simply a white light strip with on & off (no LED remote was provided or found). Is there anything that might indicate that this light could be multi color? I'm hoping maybe I could change it to blue or green and not have it so bright.
Most of the factory ones are just one color, white. At least that's what they put on my 2017 2109s.

Ray
__________________
2017 Rockwood 2109S
Ram 1500
Me Her And a furry little dog
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #1969
Senior Member
 
larry2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
Most of the factory ones are just one color, white. At least that's what they put on my 2017 2109s.

Ray
That's sort of what I figured but I was hoping for other options.

Could I buy a multi color set and just replace the current lights? Seems like that would be simple since the wires are already routed...
__________________
I just want to be outside!!!
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 210RBXL
'11 F150 5.0
Two shedding mutts
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:45 PM   #1970
Senior Member
 
rsdata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 1,907
Quote:
Could I buy a multi color set and just replace the current lights? Seems like that would be simple since the wires are already routed...
Lots of options for multi-color with remote...

you will find options from $5 to $150...
they are basically all the same...

start here...

https://www.amazon.com/RoLightic-SMD...VTNK5SPCYCWJ8B
__________________

__________________


2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.