Old 03-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #681
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The white is all colors combined.

We never use the white as its dull and not very "white" imo.

Turbs

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #682
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Do you or anyone know what the "white" setting on these look like? This is what I assume we'll use 99% of the time.

Thanks.

-Doug

Doug,

I have not installed them yet, as the RV is on the production line. I have fired them up in the shop, and "they are bright". Can be dimmed if too bright.

I also verified that if you set them to, for example, bright white and remove the power, when the power is restored they came back on at that setting. I was concerned that they might initially come on at a setting like alternating colors. So if connected to the porch light circuit, they will come on at whatever setting you had when they were turned off.

One caveat, I did the test by removing power for a maximum of 15 minutes. If the disrupted power time is longer than that, I do not know if they will come on as previously set.

RodeoGeorge

RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
The white is all colors combined.

We never use the white as its dull and not very "white" imo.

Turbs
X2 The white is disappointing.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #684
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
X2 The white is disappointing.
That's disappointing to hear. What are you all going with other than white?

Has anyone connected 2 sets of lights together? Is there anything special needed between the 2 sets?

My current thinking is to hang them on the camper, run my power wires through the existing awning holes and then go for as simple as an "on/off" switch as possible (not sure what I'm getting into with that, just yet). I'll have the remote, but I don't see me going funky-town/colors/disco-dance-movement-modes.

For the power wire, is this something that I can just pickup from a big box hardware store?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #685

I am a new RVer....... where does one hook these up to a power source or, are they powered by a battery pack ?
saunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #686
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunts View Post
I am a new RVer....... where does one hook these up to a power source or, are they powered by a battery pack ?
Depending on what you buy - it'll either come with a 120v adapter or not. If it does, you just plug it in like anything else. If it doesn't, you have to run power to it coming off of an existing fixture or power source.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #687

Quote:
That's disappointing to hear. What are you all going with other than white?

Has anyone connected 2 sets of lights together? Is there anything special needed between the 2 sets?

My current thinking is to hang them on the camper, run my power wires through the existing awning holes and then go for as simple as an "on/off" switch as possible (not sure what I'm getting into with that, just yet). I'll have the remote, but I don't see me going funky-town/colors/disco-dance-movement-modes.

For the power wire, is this something that I can just pickup from a big box hardware store?
I usually have mine on green or blue. I have the lights permanently mounted to the awning. I then run the power cord down the awning arm to the plug. Some of the members here have done some fancy hook ups, maybe one of them will help you out there.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #688
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Blue
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #689
Fulltime family RVer

Is connecting 2 sets as simple as plugging one into the next one?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #690
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Is connecting 2 sets as simple as plugging one into the next one?
Yes!

Tags
awning, led pad