Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #1881

Finally found the red 3 M tape for my light strip.If the lights stick as good as it did to my arm hair,they wont be falling off anytime soon!
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #1882

I received my Klus mini track, but the lights won't be in till next week. I sure hope they will fit in there.

2008 Wildcat 32QBBS(your pregnant again), 2004 Wildcat 29BHBP (oooh twins), 2000 Travel Supreme (pre kids)
Dirt_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #1883

It fits

If the video posts, I turn on the white LEDs then cycle thru the colors, then turn the white off and cycle thru. Then I turn the rgb's to white (all on) then turn the white LEDs on for total brightness.

May have to click the picture to watch the video on photobucket

2008 Wildcat 32QBBS(your pregnant again), 2004 Wildcat 29BHBP (oooh twins), 2000 Travel Supreme (pre kids)
Old 04-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #1884

My problem with my lights going into flash mode and then unresponsive was a bad wall wart. Tried a different power supply and they work fine.

I have 3528 leds which are separate RGB leds which cannot display white. 5050 leds are the RGB on the same led and will display white.

My wife likes the 5050s better so I'll order a set.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:13 PM   #1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Farmer View Post
Textman, did you ever try the micro channel?
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I went with the 45 angel channel
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/66...4023ANODL.html
Worked out real nice...
textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #1886
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Had the same problem with the tape even with proper prep, so I also went the alum. channel route with a little change to the covers. I screwed the track to the bottom of the rain gutter, caulked the top side so no drips from screws, and cut the covers into 8" strips so that it would be easier to replace the strip when needed. With the covers being about 2" apart, old fingers have no problems getting them thru there. Just left the original tape on as an insulator. On a further note, I use a rf controller and a light strip also in the roller.... bought both strips at the same time, same vendor, and had to hook the out board strip up with the center 2 wires reversed from strip to strip to make them be in sync. One would be red and the other blue! With the rf system, one can sit inside and play...no line of sight needed.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:00 AM   #1887

Superbrightleds.com is one of the best places to get these.

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC s(sold)
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
2017 F150 Super Crew 3.5eb 5.5
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #1888

Hi, I've read many many pages of this thread. Have had my led light strip installed for a year and they work great!
Up until now I've just run them off AC but want to switch over to 12V.
My question is, on the 12v adapter pigtail that plugs into the controller how do I know which wire is positive and which is negative?
Thanks for all the great info!
warno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #1889

Quote:
Originally Posted by warno View Post
Hi, I've read many many pages of this thread. Have had my led light strip installed for a year and they work great!
My question is, on the 12v adapter pigtail that plugs into the controller how do I know which wire is positive and which is negative?
99% of the time the center of the pin is + and the outside is ground.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #1890
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by warno View Post
Pig tails I have are color coded.... red positive black ground..come with plug for controller.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #1891

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Farmer View Post
99% of the time the center of the pin is + and the outside is ground.

Yes, but it really sucks to find out too late that you have the 1%! Back in the 80's and 90's, Radio Shack was notorious for using "negative tip" DC plugs on all their scanners and such.

You can check polarity easily with any multimeter before it's too late.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #1892
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
Yes, but it really sucks to find out too late that you have the 1%! Back in the 80's and 90's, Radio Shack was notorious for using "negative tip" DC plugs on all their scanners and such.

You can check polarity easily with any multimeter before it's too late.
X2
Old 04-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #1893

When we were down at a C/G in Gulf Shores ,Al we had our Awning lights on (Slow change Color) different campers ask me about them,I supplied the Info where to get them! Boy OH Boy,in (4) days the Guys at the (Morning Coffee Club) said (This Place Looks like a Midway on a Fairgrounds) at Night! I just smiled! I will say it was a Very Colorful Place! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #1894
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
When we were down at a C/G in Gulf Shores ,Al we had our Awning lights on (Slow change Color) different campers ask me about them,I supplied the Info where to get them! Boy OH Boy,in (4) days the Guys at the (Morning Coffee Club) said (This Place Looks like a Midway on a Fairgrounds) at Night! I just smiled! I will say it was a Very Colorful Place! Youroo!!
Right on........been kinda thinking about the ones that mimic music (dance) Had every thing else apart as I understand they need to have an audio source, but my Concertone Z700 is working real fine. Murfey's Law, if disturbed, would take over.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #1895

Got my controller mounted

Wires ran out and new LED porch light installed

Waiting for it to warm up a bit before I stick the tracks and lights to the outside.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:22 AM   #1896

Lights on my Roo 23IKSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon52 View Post
Bought these LED strip lights off eBay. 3528 RGB SMD 5M 300 LED Strip Light Waterproof IR Remote 2A Power Supply | eBay
Wasn't sure how I was going to mount them. At first I thought I would put a Velcro strip on the awning tube and another on the light strip. That didn't work since the Velcro wouldn't stick to the LED strip. After looking at the strip lights I thought It looked like they would fit in the rail on the awning. Well they did! And better yet, they will roll up right in the awning. Take a look, I can get some closer pictures of them in the daylight tomorrow.
I know this post was years ago, and I have read through at least 10 of the most recent pages of responses, but most are attaching new led strips to the body of their campers. I have a 23IKSS, which has a kitchen slide under the awning. I will have to replace my strip because more than 1/3 of the lights don't work. also, the lights behind the slide are hidden and don't provide much light when they are on. (maybe this is because so many are not lighting?) Anyway, the op mounted his in the awning tube channel, and was wondering about putting mine there.
1. Can this be done without harming the awning while it's rolled up?
2. My entire strip is currently completely hidden while the awning is rolled up, so I can't use them unless the awning is extended, at least 6-8". Is this normal?
3. Where would you mount them if you were me?
4. What brand gives off a soft white vs. a bright neon white?
As a side note, there is a track on our camper that holds the strip of lights now, so I am assuming it will be a simple job to replace if we chose to put them in their original place under the awning.
any help would be appreciated!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #1897

Finally got it done

Old 05-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #1898

Dirt farmer what did you finally ending up doing. Putting the lights,where they were orginally or some other way
jerryhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryhowell View Post
Dirt farmer what did you finally ending up doing. Putting the lights,where they were orginally or some other way
I used 5 3.8' sections of the Klus micro track and frosted cover, they are mounted 2" below the awning track with 3M super strength emblem tape. I cut one section of the track 4" off center so it would line up with my led tape cut lines.
I mounted a new led porch light where the old porch light was, then ran the tape strip wireing through the new fixture and down the wall (behind the fridge) to my control panel .
I used 3/4" wire raceway from lowes and a tee to conceal the wire from the porch light to the strip.
My RBGW strip had connectors on both ends so I soldered up a tee and plugged both connector ends in above the porch light and the cut end are at the edges of the track.

Clear as mud? My camper did not have anything previously.

Klus micro track

Led porch light with led wiring ran through and wireing teed

Controller mounted just inside door (1' of wire between switch panel and porch light)

Raceway and tee covering wireing.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 05-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #1900

Thanks
jerryhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led pad