Originally Posted by Tonk Mom
Thanks guys, those photos are wonderful. I was able to change to the 5050 with the 44 remote. The cost was $22 and change. They asked if I needed the DC converter which I didn't know if I needed. After all the posts in this thread, was it ever decided which is the best way to set up the lights?
"Best" is highly subjective. There seem to be 2 basic installs:
1) Installing it onto the camper, just under the awning rail
- pros: possibly simpler wiring; doesn't have to be plugged in each time; leaves the awning slot open
- cons: maybe not as cool looking (I'm biased- this is my plan)
2) Installing the LED lights onto the awning tube or into the awning slot
- pros: again, I'm biased to the other way.. it looks cooler?
- cons: you have to plug and unplug the wires each time
The biggest challenge in all of the installs is finding/fishing a power source.