Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2017, 01:09 AM   #1

Need feedback 3010ds mod

I all,

I am looking to add recliners and a 2 place dinette to my 2011 3010ds. This will cause the removal of the crap sofa and the uncomfortable booth dinette. The dinette has more floor space on the slider than the couc area but I have seen a cpl pics of people that have placed the recliners where the couch is but no one really explains ow they got hem to fit on the smaller slide out deck..

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Mark
Livinthdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #2

I'm not familiar with your unit but I would say consider the weight of the two recliners as compared to the sofa just something to think about. IMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinthdream View Post
I all,

I am looking to add recliners and a 2 place dinette to my 2011 3010ds. This will cause the removal of the crap sofa and the uncomfortable booth dinette. The dinette has more floor space on the slider than the couc area but I have seen a cpl pics of people that have placed the recliners where the couch is but no one really explains ow they got hem to fit on the smaller slide out deck..

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Mark

Check out my posts. I did this on my 3010ds. There are pics and explanations. Go for it. We love the lazy boy love seat.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0069.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	139405
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #4

That is exactly what I want to do.. do those overhang the slider platform? The couch side is not as deep and the dinette

Mark
Old 05-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #5

Do you remember what model this set it?
Old 05-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
DW's 401(k) Plan

Whatever you choose and however you choose to do it... take PLENTY of pictures. Sooner or later, I can see me doing this.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinthdream View Post
Do you remember what model this set it?

I used the James town series. Search my threads on sunseeker i explained how i extended the slide and mounted the loveseat to the slide.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #8

Adding a dual recliner

I added a dual recliner that we bought from a local furniture store and after removing the old couch/queen bed sofa I installed the new recliner in it's place. The backs came off so it was easy to get through the entry door once I removed the large inside grab handle.

The footprint due to having to keep it a few inches from the back wall caused it to be right on the front edge of the platform thus causing a balance issue when we went to get out of it. It would tip forward even after using the seat belts to tie down the bottom frame.

I used a piece of 2' x 4' finished piece of plywood covered with a carpet runner that pretty much matches the carpet in the unit. I mounted the plywood so that about 8 inches of it extends out from the slide floor and no more balance issues.

Be careful to measure the opening for the new recliner since many that I found were a few inches too wide. The one we bought was about 6 inches less giving plenty of clearance on both sides so the two recliners will not rub the side walls.

We love it, the dogs love it and it is a far cry from what the factory had in there.

I seem to be having a problem with some of the pics posting sideways. Have no clue....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0234.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	147519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0236.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	147520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0237.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	147521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0238.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	147522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	147523  

Name:	IMG_0241.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	147524   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	147525  
Old 08-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfshank View Post
I added a dual recliner that we bought from a local furniture store and after removing the old couch/queen bed sofa I installed the new recliner in it's place. The backs came off so it was easy to get through the entry door once I removed the large inside grab handle.

The footprint due to having to keep it a few inches from the back wall caused it to be right on the front edge of the platform thus causing a balance issue when we went to get out of it. It would tip forward even after using the seat belts to tie down the bottom frame.

I used a piece of 2' x 4' finished piece of plywood covered with a carpet runner that pretty much matches the carpet in the unit. I mounted the plywood so that about 8 inches of it extends out from the slide floor and no more balance issues.

Be careful to measure the opening for the new recliner since many that I found were a few inches too wide. The one we bought was about 6 inches less giving plenty of clearance on both sides so the two recliners will not rub the side walls.

We love it, the dogs love it and it is a far cry from what the factory had in there.

I seem to be having a problem with some of the pics posting sideways. Have no clue....
I have completed my remodeling.. we removed the HORIBLE futon and the useless u shaped dinette. I went to a local welding shop and had a 7 in extension made of 1 1/2 x 2 in aluminum tubing. Covered it with plywood and installed new carpet. We bought two adjustable stools and had a 26x26 walnut table top made and installed it where the the old dinette was. With the wall gone it allows room for a narrow side table...

This made the comfort of the unit 100% better!

Mark
Old 08-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #10

Pics

Any pics of the total install? Quite honesty I spend more time at the dinette than my wife does since I use the table as a work station and truthfully for me it is pretty comfy. Each to their own!

Glad your install went well! Enjoy.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #11

Regarding comfort

I installed a Queen size sleep number bed and we love it. The original Serta Pillow Top was fantastic....until we bought a SN for the house. The first time we took a trip after that I had a hard time sleeping since I was used to the SN.

Relatively easy install and I use the outlet on the side of the bed to power the air pump.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 08-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #12

Here are a couple pics..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0174.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	147534   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	147535  
Old 08-08-2017, 12:00 AM   #13

There is usually only the two of us and if one of the grandkids are with us we can add another stool and they have an adjustable spin up and down top that we can place on the main floor during meals. I attached a couple anchor points and have a strap that holds the stools in place when we are moving.

Make sure you get a lazyboy Loveseat (or similar) as the backs come off for easy entry to the RV! Many manufacturers do not!

I retained the seatbelt from the couch and they will work on the loveseat, I just need to anchor it in a little better. On the bottom of the frame of the love seat were several adjustable legs. This placed the weight of the loveseat only on these few points. I added wooden filler strips under the frame to spread out the load more evenly on the deck, probably didn't need to but I am a little OCDish...

I chose not to extend the deck out even with the dinette side as I didn't want to add an additional load on the small extension I had made. It is attached with 5/16 self tapping bolts on the left and front. On the right side I attached a piece of 1/8" thick steel stock 1 1/2 " wide to the right side of the deck which gave me a support on the right side to attach to. I replaced the wood strip on the front of it which allowed me to reattach the front trim piece.

The hardest thing of all was removing a couple of the bolts used to attach the steel supports .. the were to long to come out with the slide in and the slide didn't go out far enough to let them fall out... they had to of been installed before the slide out was installed. The had to be cut off with a sawsall and they are TOUGH! The other pain in the butt was the 2000 carpet staples they used to install the carpet... my knees still hurt from kneeling on them til I got them all out

Mark
Old 08-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #14

Nice install

Pics look good. That being said we full-time it and need all of the storage space we have and then some. Losing the two drawers under the dinette seats would be a killer.

I do like to see what others have done regarding modifications. I always get an idea if I am looking to change something.

Good job!