Old 08-15-2016, 04:53 PM   #1

need storage? you can find it somewhere.....

We don't really need more storage space in our Micro Lite 25KS, we have several empty places/drawers/cabinets already,..... but when you run out of mods to do and start looking for something new, all kinds of ideas come up,..... this is the lower cabinet at our bathroom outside door, the rear brake light is on the outside and the wiring for it, is all that is behind that panel,..... I've found other areas where that type of protective panel is used to protect almost nothing, but does occupy space that can be used with just a little modification of that area behind the panel,......

Since working on the ac with that aluminum tape, I've come to love that stuff, two layers of it is almost like a thin metal plate,...... anyway, just wanted to mention and show, that there are all kinds of places in our trailers that can be utilized,....... happy trailering................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0236.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	117378   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0239.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	117379   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0242.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	117380  

fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #2

your point is very true about the RV mfgs typically not being very efficient with hiding/covering/protecting the wiring.

But also note that Aluminum tape is going to be conductive. So if you make this mod, and then something rubs on the wire while driving you could short out whatever wires you are taping. In this case perhaps you would lose your brake lights... maybe even your trailer brakes?

Just a word of caution.

Of course, if you pile blankets and pillows in this cabinet then you are fine.
If you pile harder/heavier items then its worth monitoring for issues.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:57 AM   #3

I have done this too. In every single one of my cupboards. It's amazing how much extra space I have gained. I didn't take the dividers out completely. In most cases I just moved them back closer to what they were supposed to be protecting. In some cases, I even turned them into shelves. I cut the panel in half, used a piece of wood mounted to the wall at the right height and another to attach the two pieces at a right angle to each other. I actually have a lot of left over panel material from doing this.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #4

another unused storage area

our tt is a Micro Lite 25KS, this is inside the water heater cabinet,..... didn't get a "before" pic, but the space above the water heater was unused and wasted and a perfect place for a shelf,...... and I'm sure there's more.... still looking...........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0248.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	118756   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0249.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	118757  

Old 08-30-2016, 03:30 PM   #5

Absolutely! Our Salem Hemisphere is OK on storage - just not all that accessible.
I turned the lower panel below the bathroom sink into a door, not so much for storage
(some), but for easier access. So when I need to get to any of the plumbing in a hurry.
There's alot of storage under the bed, but just un-necessary to raise the bed in order
to get something. So, I cut and made a door to retrieve things like bottled water, or shoes, etc. Also replace the bathroom faucet with a real metal one! And added a corner
shelf (in the corner) where there was absolutely nothing else going on!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #6

Absolutely! Our Salem Hemisphere is OK on storage - just not all that accessible.
I turned the lower panel below the bathroom sink into a door, not so much for storage
(some), but for easier access. So when I need to get to any of the plumbing in a hurry.
There's alot of storage under the bed, but just un-necessary to raise the bed in order
to get something. So, I cut and made a door to retrieve things like bottled water, or shoes, etc. Also replace the bathroom faucet with a real metal one! And added a corner
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1426.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	118867   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1427.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	118868   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1429.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	118869   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1430.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	118870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1428.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	118871  

Old 09-01-2016, 11:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
good work and very useful mods

Old 09-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #8

simple idea, improves drawer space/use

nice deep drawer,..... but impractical for small items, they'll get lost in the drawer,..... simple plastic tray changes that,....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0281.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	119124   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0283.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	119125   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0285.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	119126  

Old 09-01-2016, 01:17 PM   #9

My 26FS has enough space for my wife, me and the two small dogs but sometimes I need space for a specific purpose. I was really sick of the cell phones, MP3's and all falling off the counters and generally being in the way all of the time. I was looking for a solution and noticed the space between the upper cabinets and the microwave was just blanked off with a panel. I pulled the microwave and found a decent amount of unused space with 12VDC and 115VAC available. I built a ~8"X14" box of birch ply, added a shelf in the middle, an AC outlet (connected to microwave junction box), spliced in to the 12VDC lighting wire that was already there for my 12VDC charging station and finally added a decorative rail to keep things in there. Now I can charge anything, even my drill/driver.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cubbyhole.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	119132  
Old 09-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by limblips View Post
My 26FS has enough space for my wife, me and the two small dogs but sometimes I need space for a specific purpose. I was really sick of the cell phones, MP3's and all falling off the counters and generally being in the way all of the time. I was looking for a solution and noticed the space between the upper cabinets and the microwave was just blanked off with a panel. I pulled the microwave and found a decent amount of unused space with 12VDC and 115VAC available. I built a ~8"X14" box of birch ply, added a shelf in the middle, an AC outlet (connected to microwave junction box), spliced in to the 12VDC lighting wire that was already there for my 12VDC charging station and finally added a decorative rail to keep things in there. Now I can charge anything, even my drill/driver.
nice work,...... I love finding wasted space and turning it into something useful and unique,...... and we do find that FR gives us many opportunities to do that,.....

Tags
storage