Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #1

Need to add an extra water tank

I have an hyper lite 27hfs and was wondering if anyone has any pics or suggestions on adding an extra water tank.

My lil man is racing motocross and I would like to pressure wash his bike after he rides.

Thanks
Steven
ripcurl329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Paul & Sheri

This is not a subject I'm familiar with but I might think that it would be more suitable to install a tank and high pressure pump in a bed of a pick up truck if that's your tow vehicle. If you did have extra room for a tank and your camper and tires could handle the extra weight, the pump doesn't have much pressure for washing.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwb01 View Post
This is not a subject I'm familiar with but I might think that it would be more suitable to install a tank and high pressure pump in a bed of a pick up truck if that's your tow vehicle. If you did have extra room for a tank and your camper and tires could handle the extra weight, the pump doesn't have much pressure for washing.
X. 2
Tank in bed o truck, probably best bet !
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #4

A truck mounted tank would also make it easy to refill the tank when needed.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #5

Based on the model of the trl - HYPER LITE I'd be surprised if the suspension would hold any addition weight incurred with a 2nd tank, water, etc.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #6

When my daughter was motocross racing, I used a plastic 45 gallon barrel and added a regular outside faucet by using a bulkhead fitting at the bottom of the tank. You do not need to feed the high pressure washer from the tank with a separate pump as the washer will draw enough water from the barrel to work properly using a regular water hose(barrel has to be in the bed of the truck).

09grizzly1
09grizzly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #7

I'm considering adding a 35 gallon tank in bed of truck and buy a 12v water pump to transfer to main tank on trailer.
Tractor Supply Online Store - Enjoy searching:water tank
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #8

I too raced motorcycles and wanted to wash them off before putting in the trailer. At first I added a water facet to the underside of camper and used the freshwater from the trailer tank to a pressure washer.
Pressure washer was 115v so if premitive camping (like at most races) the 12v camper pump feeds the 115v pressure washer (so I needed to run generator) and then it used valuable water from camper fresh water tank - had to manage it well if I wanted to save enough to take showers!
I too was trying to workout a solution to add water capacity to camper - but cost and location was making that difficult!

Then I found the best solution yet:
As suggested previously - get a seperate tank that can live in the truck bed - it is 12v so it can run from truck power and doesnt use up our camper water. This way we still had water to shower and water to clean bikes and best of all it was a cheap solution! You also have the option to use the seperate tank for other jobs around the house/farm!

Got mine at Tractor Supply.
Fimco Spot Sprayer, 15 gal. - Tractor Supply Online Store

Mine is just like this one: Pressure not that high but gets bikes clean prior to loading. And for the price - you can't beat it. Under 100 bucks, you will pay more than twice that for a tank to fit under trailer and then you have to fabricate mounts etc.

EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #9

this seems like a good deal vs. buying one at Tractor Supply then a separate water pump. Thoughts?
30 Gallon Fresh Water Tank Kit w Water Pump for Concession Trailer and RV | eBay
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatnut View Post
this seems like a good deal vs. buying one at Tractor Supply then a separate water pump. Thoughts?
30 Gallon Fresh Water Tank Kit w Water Pump for Concession Trailer and RV | eBay
Seperate water pump? both the Tractor supply and the ebay examples come with pump included

Yea that looks like a pretty good deal - especially if you already have the wand and hose to wash bikes. I found the 15 gal was plenty to wash with but I guess you could wash twice as often

Tags
tank, water, water tank