We have a 2016 blue ridge an have no idea when to use this switch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475889413034.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	122383  

Old 10-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #2

It turns on your 12 volt DC to 120 volt AC power invertor.
If you do not have it on you get no output to the outlets that its on.
Probably hooked up to the TV outlet is normal but also to your refrigerator if its a residential type that run only on 120 volt AC power.

The Manuf says this:
The Prowatt SW remote provides the convenience of a simple on/off remote function to the user. It also has an automatic ignition lockout feature to shut down the inverter’s output when the vehicle’s ignition or a 12 VDC enable is not engaged. A 25’ remote cable is included with the remote panel.

You should have to locate the Invertor.
It should look like the picture I attached.

Hope this helps you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prowatt-sw.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	122386  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #3

Hopefully, he did. I installed that one in my truck camper. If the light is on the inverter is on and is also drawing some idle current (100ma) maybe. Turn it off when not using the camper and the camper isn't shore powered. Will eventually kill your house batteries.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #4

can this Prowatt SW switch stay on all the time, or does the switch need to be turned off if on generator or park power. I have a 2016 Georgetown 364. Not real sure how to use the switch
Old 01-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cljordan View Post
can this Prowatt SW switch stay on all the time, or does the switch need to be turned off if on generator or park power. I have a 2016 Georgetown 364. Not real sure how to use the switch
Im wondering the same thing. Did you ever get the answer?

Sent from my Pixel using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cljordan View Post
I have two ProWatts, one that came with my coach and powers the residential reefer and the second that powers all of my driver's side outlets. Both have a remote switch and I leave them both on when using the coach. There is a transfer switch that will automatically disconnect the inverter output when either the generator is running or you are connected to shore power. As such they will draw very little current in this mode since they will see no loads.

You can leave them on all the time.

They will go off automatically when you turn off your house battery disconnect anyway and when you turn the battery back on you will have to turn them on manually.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #7

to Scott Brownstein: I also have a residential refrigerator with the xantrex transfer switch. from what you say the transfer switch will give priority to shore power. thus if you have shore power but the inverter is turned on the inverter would not have a load connected to it. are you sure if this? I've never been able to confirm this. if it gave priority to inverter power that would seem very wasteful when connected to shore power. the inverter would draw from the battery and the converter would be using shore power to charge the batteries. much simpler to have the bypass switch just transfer shore power to the refrigerator. otherwise you could only use shore power directly by using this switch to turn off the inverter. are you sure the transfer switch favors shore power if present? thank you!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:31 AM   #8

Absolutely, there is nothing else to transfer to if it did not. I installed the second one in my coach myself. If you turn off the inverter when connected to shore power or on generator you will see that the refrigerator simply keeps running anyway, which proves the point.

I should also say that I do not spend a lot of time on shore power so I just keep the inverter running if I am using the coach. If I connect to shore power for more than a day and remember, I will turn off the inverter anyway. Of course, I generally forget to turn it back on when I disconnect.

The rise of inexpensive sine wave inverters is due to the popularity of solar power as every solar installation has at least one sine wave inverter of very significant size. They are meant to run for extended periods.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch