Old 03-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #21
Our new 2014 304 BH has the keyless entry. The factory installed latch would not program. It was replaced under warranty. The second lock lasted a week and then the electronic dead bolt would not open all the way leaving the door stuck closed.

We are now on our third door latch and our TT is only 3 months old.

I don't have slot of confidence in these keyless entry locks from Bauer.

If the third unit stops working I'm gonna replace it with a standard lock

Cherokee TT 304BH
LKB Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #22
Mine is working fine, only have a slight problem when is so cold, like in the teens. I have to tap it a few times, and make sure that my fingers are not frozen.

We camp on earth with a Sun Seeker 2300
yworrydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #23
I went out and fooled around with mine, was so so. It's 19 degrees out now, wondering if it's not the cold affecting it too.

edit: I did contact Bauer and they were happy to send out a replacement at no cost if this issue continues. The rep I spoke with said it may be the cold temperatures, to check the electrical connections and batteries, if it didnt improve, they would send one out with a return package to ship the defective one back.
2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #24
Keyless entry

I have a 2014 sun seeker and it has a lock and a deadbolt on the coach door. Does anyone know if the bauer keyless lock will work with both of the locks?
Pacostaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #25
MI Camperz
Thanks all. I think I'll stick with keys. They are simple, tried, and true.
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #26
This maybe a future mod for me.
"Midnight Pearl" - 2011 Berkshire 390 BH
Dbt803 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #27
Who Dares, Wins
We have this latch in our 2014 Greywolf. The first one was bad from the start, would not lock or retract. Called Bauer and they quickly shipped a new one.

The new one now works great but requires the door to be slammed hard to close and the latch has to be "opened" from the inside and pulled shut to close from the inside. Not happy about this. Called Bauer and they said this was an issue they were working on but no fix... I like the keyless entry but I might be removing it to avoid damage to my trailer from slamming the door. Or I might change it to the RV Lock model. -Pat

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #28
I saw the Bauer lock at the January RV show too and talked to the president, Norm Bauer. He gave me a show price of $115. I told him I was leaving for Florida early the next morning and if he would honor that price when I returned the first of March and he said "yes". I called him the day after we returned and was not allowed to talk to him. The "sales manager" said he would give me a deal of $155. I asked that the pres get involved since he's the one I talked to. No deal. Well, screw it! I wouldn't deal with them after that run around even for the $115. There!! Now I've vented!!!

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #29
That is too bad, I have met Norm, and he is so nice. Sorry you had a bad experience.
We camp on earth with a Sun Seeker 2300
yworrydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #30
Broke and happy
Maybe the Pres got the number digits mixed up ? I would not be so sore about it.

bobfa is online now   Reply With Quote