Old 07-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
I've had mine on for a couple of weeks. Can't get the lock to "wake up" consistently. Tap over and over and it sometimes just won't light up or respond. Bauer has replaced it twice with the same results.
Anyone else having this issue?
I am having the same issue. The other day went to use it and it wouldn't even accept my code. I just got this thing and I already hate it. It came with the trailer. I'm going to keep reading to see what the solution is.

Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I am having the same issue. The other day went to use it and it wouldn't even accept my code. I just got this thing and I already hate it. It came with the trailer. I'm going to keep reading to see what the solution is.
What I've learned over time and many keypads; use 2 fingers and place them on both sides of the numbered buttons. Rub them up and down until the keypad lights (wakes up) instead of tapping.
I found that this worked much better than tapping.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #43

Quote:
What I've learned over time and many keypads; use 2 fingers and place them on both sides of the numbered buttons. Rub them up and down until the keypad lights (wakes up) instead of tapping.
Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I still think this thing needs help though. A few times the door has popped open even with the handle locked. I also don't trust this thing enough to depend on it so will always carry a key with me. If anything, she can use it to try and get in when I'm away somewhere with the key safely in my pocket. I'll likely end up taking it back to the dealer so they can adjust it for me. Like I said earlier, I reprogrammed a new code in and it worked fine for a week or 10 days. Then once back at home it wouldn't accept the code anymore. Not good.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #44

It is a very small motor, and programed to only run for 2 seconds at a time. So the least amount of friction will cause a problem. If all else fails Bauer will be more the willing to help.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #45

I have Key-less entry on my house, my truck and my garage. I've looked at these a couple of times for the TT, I think I even found one with a remote (more things to loose).

We broke a key off in the dead bolt as we arrived at the CG on the 4th of July weekend, found out how easy our Highbrid is to break into when the door is locked

I bought a lock box that uses a combination to open, it has a steal cable tether on it, and I lock it to the steps when we go for bike rides or hiking/swimming. We can easily change the combination on it, and I even keep the TV keys in it.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #46

Quote:
X2. I rub my finger up and down next to the buttons and seems to work well. We also will keep a key in the truck just in case.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #47

Quote:
Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I still think this thing needs help though. A few times the door has popped open even with the handle locked. I also don't trust this thing enough to depend on it so will always carry a key with me. If anything, she can use it to try and get in when I'm away somewhere with the key safely in my pocket. I'll likely end up taking it back to the dealer so they can adjust it for me. Like I said earlier, I reprogrammed a new code in and it worked fine for a week or 10 days. Then once back at home it wouldn't accept the code anymore. Not good.
OK tested it out. It works fine when you rub it first. It must like the extra attention. I will test it again when I get it out in the sun next camping trip. So far so good. Even the original code started working again. I still don't trust it though.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #48

Quote:
OK tested it out. It works fine when you rub it first. It must like the extra attention. I will test it again when I get it out in the sun next camping trip. So far so good. Even the original code started working again. I still don't trust it though.
Isn't that odd? The instructions clearly say tap, which doesn't work, but rubbing it does; weird.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #49

Rubbing is more exciting than just touching anyways.

Guess the door lock agrees.

I was interested, but I think I'll hold off until some of the bugs get hashed out. Do love keyless entry and anything electronic really, but only when it consistently works as it's supposed to.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #50
Who Dares, Wins

Love the lock as well and will probably add one to the rear door as well one day... But like anything with batteries or electronics, they do fail. I trust it but keep the key with me just remembered in case

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door