Old 08-01-2014, 01:24 AM   #51

I bought an aftermarket bauer and after installing it I didnt like it...i could never get it to operate consistently either (fwiw bauer was SUPER helpful)...my reg house is 2gig automated (with keypad locks) and they have worked flawlessly from day one from the pad or from the internet/wifi...

I was expecting the same from the bauer...It worked ..."pretty much" but when it didnt I wanted to punch it in the face!!...I ended up putting it on the bathroom door and putting the keyed lock back on the main door..oh well....

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #52
Plain Old Member

Like a lot of the electronic gadgets and fancy stuff on RV's now, it will break, and usually not at the best time. Case in point, our power awning when it's 90-100 degrees on vacation. That's why we like manual locks, manual awnings, manual leveling etc etc. The more gadgets we've got over the years, the more time I spend fixing broke crap. Wife and I both agree, next unit whether we order or build it ourself, will not have all the electronic crap.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
Isn't that odd? The instructions clearly say tap, which doesn't work, but rubbing it does; weird.
Instructions? What instructions? Actually, to be honest, I was tapping on the key button at the bottom. Sometimes I'd have to push it 6 times, sometimes 8 sometimes 3 and once 2 times. Trouble is, it would wake up but I'd still be pushing. I'm one of those guys that reads instructions when intuitiveness fails.

Even now, I still will not put myself in a position where I have to depend on it. It will only be used when someone (authorized) else needs in while I'm away.

The whole entry door also appears to be dependent on how hot it is outside and direct sunlight or shade. I've had a few times when the door would just pop open even when it is locked. I really wish I could just have my old door back on the camper I had at the beginning of the year.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Instructions? What instructions? Actually, to be honest, I was tapping on the key button at the bottom. Sometimes I'd have to push it 6 times, sometimes 8 sometimes 3 and once 2 times. Trouble is, it would wake up but I'd still be pushing. I'm one of those guys that reads instructions when intuitiveness fails.

Even now, I still will not put myself in a position where I have to depend on it. It will only be used when someone (authorized) else needs in while I'm away.

The whole entry door also appears to be dependent on how hot it is outside and direct sunlight or shade. I've had a few times when the door would just pop open even when it is locked. I really wish I could just have my old door back on the camper I had at the beginning of the year.
Rain would effect mine more than anything else. Whenever water would get on the keypad, it would "wake up"; which was infuriating because I would be tapping the hell out of it and it wouldn't do anything; but a couple of rain drops and it wakes up.
I had gone back and forth with 3 locks before we figured it out.
Rub Rub Rub...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door