Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #11

Have partially completed my long list for our 'new' 28RKBS. So far: I've installed one of the two 5X5 PVC fence post storage boxes under the frame; added a partition between the basement and front bay; installed a hot water tank switch under the sink and added vent covers to two of the three vents.

Still to go: polyurethane the table top; install a fireplace under the TV; relocate the spare tire; add a Winograd sensor antenna; add a cut off valve so the beroom slide can be blocked from opening and add some pullouts to the pantry.

A lot there but at our age - this is the last RV we will be buying so will make it just for us!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #12

New back splash on the kitchen area walls and may also remove the carpet and replace with floating wood floor.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #13

Well, first off Dunnnc, you mentioned Clermont area...isn't that the Groveland, Florida area? I frequent both Groveland and Auburndale, Florida for work...as the customer needs support...

Mods...Tornado tank cleaner (sorry half-zeimers kicking in), 5x5 fence post storage areas...2 of them. One for the pet Rhino and the other with separations for fishing poles (fishing poles will accommodate the front storage). Figuring out how to SAFELY install a small rack on the back (obviously tied into the frame), changing from single to dual batteries, and lastly...also not a mod....figuring out where the flaw in my current electrical system resides and giving it a swift kick in the seat of the pants.

That's my to do list, however, as we all know...this is completely dependent on time availability and what the DW wants done first.

In the "just did it" column. Had to replace a water fitting in the shower, while I did that I changed out the faucet fixture with a better quality unit and installed an Oxygenics shower head.
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushor View Post
Well, first off Dunnnc, you mentioned Clermont area...isn't that the Groveland, Florida area? I frequent both Groveland and Auburndale, Florida for work...as the customer needs support...
The Thousand Trails CG is actually about 12 miles south of Clermont on Hwy 27.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
1. Update lighting to include LED lamps in salon overhead
2. add lift struts to front baggage bin door
3. add towel bars in docking station to handle wet towels
4. add fishing rod holders to floor below slider shelves
5. weight all components on bellies and mark weight on each
6. eliminate non use items from stores
7. add tie downs in front belly to secure load, add door net also.
8. Add cabinet to RH slide wall (8" x 72" x 30") to secure "company equipment & files" enroute.
9. Short 4' dump hose for use at home.
10. 50 amp connection at side of house.

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

The Thousand Trails CG is actually about 12 miles south of Clermont on Hwy 27.
Well, I am familiar with Hwy 27. Hopefully during a trip I can check out the CG. Thanks
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #17

I added a wineguard sensor to existing antenna and actually found that I was getting worse reception in Canada. Maybe because the channels I am receiving when camping are mainly not digital and wineguard makes your antenna more directional. Just a heads up for those north of the border. I took it back off but have it in storage for future consideration.

Chris
Trailer: 2015 Cherokee 274RK
In Past:
2011 Grey Wolf 26RL, 2009 Cikira 19 EXP hybrid, 2008 Clipper 108st (pop-up)
Willybgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
The Old Man

Well, this is a mod I just did but a good one before closing up for the winter...

I added aluminum window screen over all of the heater duct openings by pulling the plastic covers, applying the screen, and screwing them back down. Turns out the rodent critters used the heating system as their own private playing ground. I also removed the access panels in the back of the cabinets and discovered HUGE access holes for the pipes and wires were cut with seemingly no care whatsoever...sprayed those with expanding foam until filled. Hopefully no more critters.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #19

I added Reflextic to all the walls inside all the cabinets and wardrobe close/added it to the whole baggage compartments. Installed a fireplace under the tv.
Just finished the island for the kitchen....it is on locking wheels so I can move it when not needed. Gonna look this weekend to see about laminate floors for the kitchen and bathroom areas.