Old 04-13-2015, 02:36 AM   #41

I like it. If I remember my apprentice drafting days correctly (pencil and velum, way before CAD) a round tube for the cross support would be stronger than a square or rectangular tube.

2011, 8314BSS Rockwood Signature Ultralite & 2005 Dodge Ram 2500, Quad-Cab, 5.9L Diesel, 4WD, 3.73
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 04-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #42

I'm curious. Some folks put jacks in front of the tires to help with the side to side motion. If you just used two of the outrigger jacks in the same location instead of four' wouldn't that accomplish the same thing? Street side would probably be covered by the slide and a small table curb side would cover the other jack. Stab jacks + x-chocks + outriggers = Stable trailer. I think it would work. JMHO

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #43
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
To all that think this idea is Bad because of the (Tripping/Knee Banging) what about (Dog screws for awning and Dogs/ bicycles/ Satellite Dish/ Solar lights/water hoses and filters staked into ground/ clothes lines /Nascar Flags/BBQ grills and lines for tanks /to just name a few! Not counting the Empty Beer & Wine Bottles! Like the C/W Song says (Hes ah Thinkin and Your ah Drinkin)! Youroo!!
Yea...what he said!

I like it, keep up the good ideas!!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:03 AM   #44
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto View Post
...a round tube for the cross support would be stronger than a square or rectangular tube.
?????
Old 04-13-2015, 08:32 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
To all that think this idea is Bad because of the (Tripping/Knee Banging) what about (Dog screws for awning and Dogs/ bicycles/ Satellite Dish/ Solar lights/water hoses and filters staked into ground/ clothes lines /Nascar Flags/BBQ grills and lines for tanks /to just name a few! Not counting the Empty Beer & Wine Bottles! Like the C/W Song says (Hes ah Thinkin and Your ah Drinkin)! Youroo!!
Youroo, I agree with you and let's not forget those pesky FW bedroom "head knocker" slideouts. Every time I hit my head on mine, I think "dang someone should have designed that differently...maybe round corners". haha
Oilfieldman81, good ole American ingenuity, I like it!
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:28 AM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
Youroo, I agree with you and let's not forget those pesky FW bedroom "head knocker" slideouts. Every time I hit my head on mine, I think "dang someone should have designed that differently...maybe round corners"...
Rounded corners would just not penetrate as easily but would still be a "Head Knocker"
Old 04-13-2015, 09:39 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Rounded corners would just not penetrate as easily but would still be a "Head Knocker"
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:04 AM   #48
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldman81 View Post
TRAILER SUPPORT APPARATUS WITH ENHANCED STABILITY

Have you ever been inside your travel trailer when a storms comes thru or during those incredibly windy days? Let me tell you, I have, and it almost feels as if you’re white water rafting. Now that you have that image in your head I can explain to you what I have come up with. I have created a Trailer Support Apparatus with Enhanced Stability or TSAWES(pronounced saws). Yes, I know you may be thinking that there are things already out there that are designed to help with this issue, however this is how mine differs from others. Ordinary jacks that come with any trailer, whether it be manual, electric or hydraulic just don’t stabilize your camper. TSAWES extends the jacks about a foot wider that the width of the trailer, therefore avoiding any “high center of gravity” issues. High center of gravity is when there is more length to an object than there is width, thus creating an unstable area. Take some time and observe your trailer. How high is it? Now look at the width of where the jacks are placed under it. My design extends the jacks about a foot wider on each side than the width of the trailer relieving the extra weight on top and reducing the chances of the trailer tipping over significantly. 62/138,280 (patent pending)
So, this reads like an ad. Are you selling these? Are you trying to gauge buyer interest? Or what?
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
So, this reads like an ad. Are you selling these? Are you trying to gauge buyer interest? Or what?
I'm trying to gauge buyer interest with it, hopefully I can sell my idea to a manufacturer.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider151 View Post
That's a great idea. Been using that on Fire Dept. ladder trucks forever. The shin buster could be an issue but I would think a cover for them with a little padding would go along way to helping with that problem. Good job.
I do have a cover that i came up wit that will be clamped with the cotter pin on the outrigger so it can stay in place but didn't put it on on the pictures because i wanted people to see the idea i came out with before adding the decorative covers. Thank you for your feed back!

Tags
jacks, trailer