¼ Turn Ball Valves on all drains
Lexan Storm window on screen door with Velcro
Fire Extinguisher upgrade inside and one installed in curb side pass through
Led Lighting in Pass through compartment
Fantastic Fan replacing Bath Vent
Seagate Battery Cutoff
Memory foam Topper on Queen Bed
Collapsible shower rod and new curtain
Oxygenetics Shower Head (Highly Recommend!!!)
LCI Electric Tongue Jack

Still to do:
Replace Vent with Fan in Bedroom
Tornado Tank Flusher
Trailer tongue Storage Box for 1 lb propane Cans

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
Mod free 5er

Anyone tried installing the Fantastic Fan in the bedroom and reversing the leads so it blows in instead of out? Could be an alternative to a big ceiling fan.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #23

I bought the unit that has the reversable switch....the one i put in the Bathroom works great.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Anyone tried installing the Fantastic Fan in the bedroom and reversing the leads so it blows in instead of out? Could be an alternative to a big ceiling fan.
We're going to do this mod soon for the bedroom vent. Just buy the reversible one.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #25

All I have left to do right now is install the under counter spice rack and the key rack - dog leash holder.
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #26

New to this world, but I ordered an LED light strip for the awning after reading about it here.

I'm also in the process of installing a Royal Easi-Move trailer mover (Trailer Mover | www.easi-move.com). I got the mover mounted and have to run the wires and all. It's been raining pretty much everyday the last week, so I haven't gotten to that part yet. Ordered the mover because we have limited "play room" putting our trailer in my storage building, and this should eliminate any mistakes I know I would make backing in with my truck.

The movers are very popular in the UK, but I haven't found many people using them here in the states. I'm hoping this works well for our trailer. The thought of remote controlling my trailer around is just a crazy/cool idea to me.

I'm also toying with the idea of a PVC towel drying rack. I like the rear bumper mounted one, but worry about it handing to the rear bumper. Thinking I make a folding/stand alone one that go into my pass through storage when not being used. I made a quick idea in SketchUp. This one is showing about 4ft long by 1ft wide. The legs would fold up for storage. Anyone have suggestions/thoughts about this?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #27

Did a whack o' mods this past winter. Too many home projects to do outside this time of year to be spending a lot of time working on the trailer.

Recently installed a 30A detachable power cord though.

And yesterday, I removed the lower screen in the entry screen door and replaced it with a piece of Lexan. Necessary due to the pet dog not liking being left alone inside while we went for a short walk. The clear plastic plastic actually looks great but I am sure said pet dog will scratch it in short order and otherwise leave dog snot marks all over it....
Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

I really don't know, the insert I was thinking about would leave about a 1/4" gap all around to keep the heat from building up. Thinking of a colored pc of plastic of some sort. A lady in FL painted a pc of plastic that looked like stained glass and I made an alum frame for it, installed it for her and she was delighted with the results of keeping the heat and bright sun out.
I know a lot of you guys don't have the room to carry it, but I made an aluminum box that sits over my sky light. I carry it in our enclosed trailer. I did like dunnnc said and left a air gap around the bottom. It made a huge difference on keeping the camper cooler on hot days. Plus when thunderstorms roll through I put it up there to stop hail stones! I don't mind replacing vent covers but I don't want to have to replace that sky light.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper View Post
I know a lot of you guys don't have the room to carry it, but I made an aluminum box that sits over my sky light. I carry it in our enclosed trailer. I did like dunnnc said and left a air gap around the bottom. It made a huge difference on keeping the camper cooler on hot days. Plus when thunderstorms roll through I put it up there to stop hail stones! I don't mind replacing vent covers but I don't want to have to replace that sky light.
Sounds like a good idea, how do you hold it down?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #30

I will try to take a pic and post it. I don't like making new penetrations in any roof so what I did was remove 4 of the screws in the sky light (straight across from one another) and replaced them with eye screws. I pumped the holes full of clear silicone before replacing them, I waited 24 hours for that to cure and then went back over it with the self leveling Dicon sealer. I just use 2 bungee cords and we have been in 60-70 straight line winds and it has never moved.