Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
I think you should have just stopped at the cardboard stage!!

Great job- really nice work!!
__________________

__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I think you should have just stopped at the cardboard stage!!

Great job- really nice work!!
When I saw the 1st photo, I was thinkn' "that is really ugly but it should work".

Then I started scrolling down, and was amazed.
__________________

__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
Member
 
betndavrv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 66
Great mod!!!!!
__________________
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
When I saw the 1st photo, I was thinkn' "that is really ugly but it should work".

Then I started scrolling down, and was amazed.

oh yea of little faith.......
__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
Wanna Be Camper
 
SaskCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,370
Very nice work.
__________________

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #16
Infractee
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 794
Looks great! Beautiful work!
What is the black vertical piece on the right forward part for? It kind of looks like a speaker grille? I too am contemplating a location to mount my rear view monitor and my TPMS monitor.
__________________
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Looks great! Beautiful work!
What is the black vertical piece on the right forward part for? It kind of looks like a speaker grille? I too am contemplating a location to mount my rear view monitor and my TPMS monitor.
The black vertical piece is where my fuel pressure, trans temperature, oil temperature and one yet to be decided gauge (I'm thinking inlet air temperature or trans pressure) is going.

Blue Auber gauges like the two in the dash above it (those are boost and exhaust temperature gauges).

I'l fly helicopters in Search and rescue, so I like to keep operating parameters under constant monitoring. Occupational hazard I guess. but it lets me know when I'm pushing the truck too hard and need to back off....just like when I'm 200 miles out to sea and I'm pushing the rotor gearbox of the turbines too hard. Sure is nice to not burn up the machine and make it home that night....

__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
The strongest thing in the world is the mind and some of use have it, Great Job, it is amazing if had only saw this before i installed my back monitor.
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #19
Infractee
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 794
Good ideas! Trans temp would be my number one, trans pressure next, IAT would not be bad, would be good to know if having to troubleshoot any engine issues, especially if you already know EGT and boost pressure.
Fuel pressure might be a bit obscure unless you are doing some manual tuning on your laptop with a good tuner program, even then tho it would be displayed on the tuner program. Oil temp is another good piece of info to have as well, it will really let you know when things are being pushed hard.

And, since you are a sling wing guy you may want to go ahead and put chip detectors on the engine and trans drain plugs and then get an N1 gauge for your turbo.....
__________________
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Good ideas! Trans temp would be my number one, trans pressure next, IAT would not be bad, would be good to know if having to troubleshoot any engine issues, especially if you already know EGT and boost pressure.
Fuel pressure might be a bit obscure unless you are doing some manual tuning on your laptop with a good tuner program, even then tho it would be displayed on the tuner program. Oil temp is another good piece of info to have as well, it will really let you know when things are being pushed hard.

And, since you are a sling wing guy you may want to go ahead and put chip detectors on the engine and trans drain plugs and then get an N1 gauge for your turbo.....
Fuel pressure is important on my diesel so I know the lift pump is working and supplying the proper pressure to the injector pump.

Low lift pump pressure (or none) quickly kills an injector pump on a diesel,even if it is a draw through lift pump design.

Better to know when that 100 dollar lift pump needs replacement than to wait for a 2000 dollar injector pump to go south for want of that 100 dollar fix.

Transmission temperature speaks for itself, same as oil temperature.

IAT is important on a diesel as it has a direct effect on the EGT, but not as important as the EGT itself. On my 6.5, a rapid rise in temperature can be seen as boost builds. The GM-8 turbo starts to loose efficiency and get into the NE corner of the turbo map at around 15 psi. Rising IAT's can be monitored with a gauge as boost gets there and tells me to "back off".

Hmmm.......chip detectors.....hmmmmmmm.....

Here's a quick photochop of what it's going to look like with gauges and the wallpaper on the touch screen:



And here's one with my Water Methanol Injection controller installed:

__________________

__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.