Old 11-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #11

I save bubble rap - when something comes in the bubble rap bags. They're excellent for bottles and jars. I also cut down cardboard boxes; making them about 6" tall. Bubble rap and cardboard are lite weight. Great for keeping things from shifting. I plan on replacing the cardboard for something nicer looking if I can find something as lite. Also, recently purchased a three shelf "spice cabinet" which fits nicely keeps my spices where I can find what I want easily.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 11-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
Right now all I have are the wooden dowels but I'm going to buy me some of those 1/4" nickel shelf pins and see how well I like them. If anyone knows of a better solution to prevent the shelves from bouncing, please share.

Just found these nifty little shelf supports on Amazon, looks like a perfect solution for my 1/2" thick shelves:
Amazon.com: Shelf Support Clear 5mm steel pin X 5/8 shelf 113247 60/bag: Kitchen & Dining

Shouldn't need this many, but buying a pkg of 60 is cheaper than buying them individually. This solution should keep the shelves from bouncing around

2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
I save bubble rap - when something comes in the bubble rap bags. They're excellent for bottles and jars. I also cut down cardboard boxes; making them about 6" tall. Bubble rap and cardboard are lite weight. Great for keeping things from shifting. I plan on replacing the cardboard for something nicer looking if I can find something as lite. Also, recently purchased a three shelf "spice cabinet" which fits nicely keeps my spices where I can find what I want easily.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yes to bubble wrap! Thanks for the idea
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #14

Smile pegboard shelves

[QUOTE=Mrs Evans;737944]It turns out I don't much like my hanging wire shelves for my wardrobe turned pantry. It didn't maximize the space and didn't travel so well. So I decided to use the peg board shelving idea, I still need to find the clips for setting the shelves on, but until I can get some I'm using dowels instead. Let's see how much I end up liking this setup

I used pegboard and wire shelving along with dowels running the full width of the shelves. This worked for me to organize the closest in the bedroom and I can change the heights of shelves as needed. Will be using the same method when we go to full timing in a few years. I used 4 dowels per shelf to improve stability and turn the lip toward the front of the closet. Sorry I do not have any photos
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #15

Love these ideas, and thanks for sharing. My husband is a great cook, but on carpentry, not so much. I will call my handy man😊

Tags
storage, modifications