Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #41
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
If you are looking for a Awning solution I have seen these on rigs out west:
Amazon.com : Orbit 20066 Portable 1/4-Inch Outdoor Mist Cooling System : Garden Hose Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I am just not sure HOW efficient (or smart) it would be to add MORE humidity to a already humid and hot day

For MY money I am going with Weezer's EXCELLENT tip and build me a couple of these puppies!

PROMISE me you'll post a video of yours when you get 'em goin'? I wanna see these in action! I've read where people in inner cities use these in high rise apartments to save on power bills.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
According to what I was told, the tech took them off to replace the awning. Service Mgr told tech to lay the poles aside and if anyone ask to tell them they were stolen or misplaced, etc. as he wanted them for his camper. Owner is getting them back after confronting owner of the dealership, tech and service mgr.
That is just total BS!
Service manager needs to be an exmanager IMO.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #43

We use a fan under our awning on occasion. Not only does it cool the air a bit, but it helps keep the bugs away a bit also.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I'd say *someone* removed 'em. I knew 'bout this while Buffy was still at my dealer. Can you imagine my angst?

I called over there and had someone go check on 'em, then as I said, I made a bee line for Buffy as soon as Biff's engine was cut on arrival Saturday.

I think it was to my advantage that the dude doing most of my repairs just couldn't figure out how they'd be needed on a power awning...and he wasn't sure they were actually awning poles. Said there'd been a lot of discussion about 'em in the shop.

As stated, after I explained ratchet straps and earth anchors in conjunction with (yes those are) awning poles it was like a 1K watt bulb went off in his head and beams of light shot out his ears.
Well, thanks for the heads up!

It will be interesting to see what the small dealer that is replacing our A/C units has to say about the poles when we roll in for repair this Thursday
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #45

Hey Chris..AWESOME idea! I can see using that TV mount as a PERFECT place to hang a fan and make the fun Florida heat a tad easier to handle..adding a mister would be icing on the cake!

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #46
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
According to what I was told, the tech took them off to replace the awning. Service Mgr told tech to lay the poles aside and if anyone ask to tell them they were stolen or misplaced, etc. as he wanted them for his camper. Owner is getting them back after confronting owner of the dealership, tech and service mgr.
OC, please encourage your customer to reveal who that dealer is! And let us know if those two "partners in crime" are still employed there.

THIEVES!
Attached Images

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #47
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
OC, please encourage your customer to reveal who that dealer is! And let us know if those two "partners in crime" are still employed there.

THIEVES!
RONN is the person who had them taken, it's up to him to tell us. I have no idea who the dealer is. Somewhere close to Tucson, AZ According to Google there are 6 dealers in the area.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
How is camping at Rainbow Springs? Is it shaded?
Chris,
Sites 11-19 have some decent shade. They get the late afternoon sun.
Sites 51 & 52 have some shade also. Most other sites are out in the open, or only get a small bit of shade from the low vegetation.

Rainbow Springs is nice. It was a private CG that the state took over a few years ago. About three years ago they redid the campground to give it more of a state park feel (more room between sites, more vegetation, etc.) It has the advantage of being full hook up (including sewer).

They had a pool, but it is damaged and closed off. No budget available for repairs. There is a swim area at the river.

The day use tube run puts in at the campground river access. If you are camping, you can put in at the CG access and ride the tram back to the CG from the day use parking area (take out point). IIRC, it is $10 (includes the tube and ride back). The tube stand at the CG only takes cash, and there is not an ATM on site.

The main day use section of the park is on the opposite side of the river and upstream from the campground. There is a large swim area at the main park, but you have to drive to get to it. Your campground pass will get you into the day use park at no extra charge.
The day use park was a small amusement park / botanical garden attraction back in the day. The state took it over many years ago and maintains the botanical part of it.

2005 pre-renovation. This is the area that is now the loop close to the office.

2013 Site #10, a small bit of morning and late afternoon shade.

River access and swim area at the campground.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, fan