Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
2016 Avenger 26BH

Outdoor shower add on

Hi

we have a 2013 195BH. because it has no bathroom sink we decided to install an outdoor shower later this spring after it's out of storage. -22 isn't my idea of good outdoor working weather anyway.

all the hot water services are on the right hand(patio side) of the trailer. So I think the only option i have is to install the kit on the right rear (tail light end) of the trailer as the tub is in the corner so i should have easy access to the water lines.

anyone has words of wisdom, cautions red flags etc?

i read in another forum i think, it took a guy 3 days to work up the nerve to make that first cut into the trailer and thats's where i will be. Not keen on rushing this job.

thanks
Cleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #2

I actually modified my low point drains to accommodate a hose for outside use! Much easier then cutting a hole in my camper! You can add a T off each one and run them to the patio side under the camper and then put shut offs right there and T them into one line. We use a coil hose with a garden spray head! Works great and NO HOLE in my camper!
Firefighter938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #3

We have a 195bh also. I also want to add an outside faucet with the low point drains. the problem i'm running into is the lines are strapped together. Looked at putting a Y connector or two elbows but couldnt find the eight thread and the. trying to come up with some type of faucet. it would be great to be able to use the hot and cold water. right now i bought the adapter on where my city line hooks in and it has a faucet to attach a hose to but wont do any good if we are not hooked up to city water. Also would agree with the author of this post that any ideas would be helpful, dont want to be cutting into the trailer yet either
jawga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawga View Post
We have a 195bh also. I also want to add an outside faucet with the low point drains. the problem i'm running into is the lines are strapped together. Looked at putting a Y connector or two elbows but couldnt find the right thread and then trying to come up with some type of faucet that works with the corrct threads. it would be great to be able to use the hot and cold water. right now i bought the adapter on where my city line hooks in and it has a faucet to attach a hose to but wont do any good if we are not hooked up to city water. Also would agree with the author of this post that any ideas would be helpful, dont want to be cutting into the trailer yet either
fixed spelling
Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #5

LoL,.... guys it's easy
here is the link....
first i did this.......

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...wer-46129.html

and since NOBODY freaking said anything.....this was my next post.....

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rks-46149.html

Turn off power and water to the trailer before doing any work...

My advice..... make sure you can freely run piping inside.
Mark it outside, put a LOT of masking tape, make sure its square and in the spot you want it to be.
Drill FOUR holes at each corner where the opening is going to be.
Cut from hole to hole with a JIG SAW with a FINE (metal,aluimnum cutting) BLADE. it will go through like butter.

Once you put it in, you will have to get some blocks of wood on the inside of the trailer, shower screws will need to go into these since it will not work with just putting screws through siding, or the inside wall which is 1/8" thick.
Use GOOD QUALITY outside caulking for caulking around the shower box.

It took me a day to measure it, look at it, mark it, re measure again, re mark it, half a case of beer, and 50X "WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MY TRAILER". Did it next day. Next one, i could probably do in one hour with my eyes closed
Once done, monitor hoses for a while inside the trailer for leaks, dripping etc....

GOOD LUCK,
once done, dont forget to post pictures here!!!!

Seriously, its piece of cake, you will see.

I bought the trailer 2-3 weeks prior to doing this, and this was my first trailer. LOL Guess how i felt
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 AM   #6

and since NOBODY freaking said anything.....this was my next post.....

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rks-46149.html

Oops,
Old 03-19-2014, 04:32 AM   #7

In case it's only me, I said oops because the link directs me to a thread about 21ss water leaks.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:36 AM   #8

Man, those both turned out really nice! I can imagine the apprehension of the first exterior cut!!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuspenders View Post
In case it's only me, I said oops because the link directs me to a thread about 21ss water leaks.
I'm guessing you're clicking them from the app. It occasionally gets confused and takes you to the wrong thread. From the website, the link works beautifully.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I got the same wrong thread from app, so I checked on website, weird.

That first hole in the side of your camper is enough to make you nervous. Took a couple beers to get the nerve up to do this to mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	47945   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	47946  
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #11

Great job!!!! My next on the list will be a window in the bedroom. I was thinking of a skylight but im fearing of playing with the rubber roof idea.

And next, i will be drilling sinks and installing overflows.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #12

Found the solution
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #13

On my '99 Wildwood 32DS, I installed the shower just outside of the galley sink. It was tight work, but thanx to the Shark Bite connectors, not too tough.

We used it mostly for dishwashing outside while dry camping, but it was also a good foot wash for the beach.

The one in my current GT is in the water bay, and I seldom use it, except for cleaning cast iron stuff while dry camping.

Wish I had pix!
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #14

Well I finally finished. I ended up connecting to the lower drain points and mouting it to a bolt hanging down on the rear. I added a quick disconnect so it reduces the amount of twisting and flexing when attaching a hose. i picked up a short 10 ft hose and spray nozzle that i keep in my storage compartment. now we have hot and cold water outside. Also made a cover for the outlet with a quck disconnect and a garden hose cap. See pics below. I ended up using black plastic spray paint to paint the white fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3478604884.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	48768   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3554395000.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	48769  

Tags