Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2015, 06:58 PM   #1

Outdoor shower setups

How many of you set up a private outdoor shower area when camping? Please post pics if you have them.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #2

Outdoor shower setup

Yep, I have one! Like to use it during the heat of summer when I don't mind showering with cold water Don't have a picture of it setup at camp but I chose the TREKKER FOLD A PRIVY from Cabela's. Liked that it's a pop-open setup, has a side 'window' and it was the largest one I could find of it's kind. I put a tripod that's typically used for hanging a lantern right outside the window to hang my dry clothing from so I have easy access to it from inside the shower tent. Works good! So long as my DH doesn't play tricks on me and hide my clothing

I'll be setting it up when we take our trip in Florida this September
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #3

My son in law set up one using his shower on the side of his trailer. He got a hula hoop, some shower hooks and a shower curtain. He tide the hoop to a tree next to his trailer and it worked. Used a small wooden platform to stand on. We used to use one of those black 5 gallon bags that hang from just about anywhere. Now we use the shower in the 5er and sometimes even have to use more cold water to balance out the heat of the shower water. It's so hard anymore. Turn the AC or furnace on....use a microwave...whatever happened to ice boxes......
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
Yep, I have one! Like to use it during the heat of summer when I don't mind showering with cold water Don't have a picture of it setup at camp but I chose the TREKKER FOLD A PRIVY from Cabela's. Liked that it's a pop-open setup, has a side 'window' and it was the largest one I could find of it's kind. I put a tripod that's typically used for hanging a lantern right outside the window to hang my dry clothing from so I have easy access to it from inside the shower tent. Works good! So long as my DH doesn't play tricks on me and hide my clothing

I'll be setting it up when we take our trip in Florida this September
I would be upset if my DH played that kind of trick on me too. I don't know your plans for your Florida trip, but feel free to join us September 17 through 20 for our Florida F.R.O.Go. Rally in Williston. We would love to have you visit with us!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 08-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #5

I suspect that many campsite managers would tell you to take it down...no dumping of grey water.
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
I suspect that many campsite managers would tell you to take it down...no dumping of grey water.
No problems with this in the Texas State Parks we've stayed at but perhaps will be a no-go in Florida which is not a big deal for me since the FL State Parks we'll be staying at have full hook-ups. We got the outside setup for when we went to Garner state park where they don't have full hook-ups.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
I would be upset if my DH played that kind of trick on me too. I don't know your plans for your Florida trip, but feel free to join us September 17 through 20 for our Florida F.R.O.Go. Rally in Williston. We would love to have you visit with us!
Haha! My DH knows better than to get me too riled up, he has to go to bed at some point, lol!

Would love to visit the FROG rally but it would have to be such a quick pass-thru that the best we could do would be to stop by for lunch on our way to Tallahassee from southern FL on Friday the 18th - not sure how that would work?
Old 08-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #8

We camped at a Florida State park at St. Joe Peninsula and St. George Island last week and saw several with outdoor showers set up, which is why I posted the question. I was intrigued by that. I don't know if it is allowed at all the state parks or not, but we were on the Gulf and many shower to rinse off the salt and sand.

Feel free to stop in for lunch! Williston is about two to two and a half hours from Tallahassee. Let me know if you plan to join us.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 08-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
Definatley do not want to do here in GA. CG police be on ya in a heart beat. It's dumping Gray water and most states for bid fit. You may find State Park guess host ignorant to the laws. Even Park Ranges lax on laws. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower