Old 05-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #1

Outdoor Speaker Addition

I have a seemingly simple question that may not have a simple answer but looking for a little help. I have a 3 zone entertainment system that only has 2 zones factory wired. I also have a place to mount my tv outside that is prewired for video and power but no audio. I'd like to add some outdoor speakers so I could...I don't know...HEAR the tv but there are no pre-run wires outside to wire in the third zone. Has anyone ever done a scratch install of outdoor speakers and whats the common way the wires are ran?? Thanks to anyone that can give me a little direction and some ideas.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

If it's audio from your TV, let the coax do it. After you hook up the TV, you can get the audio from the TV audio outputs. Maybe install a small amp and some speakers.

awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
If it's audio from your TV, let the coax do it. After you hook up the TV, you can get the audio from the TV audio outputs. Maybe install a small amp and some speakers.
I was hoping it would be that easy but the only video connection is the RCA video out from the theater system. Weird they would put a video out but no audio out. Regardless, I'm thinking about some kind of wireless "portable" speakers instead. I was just hoping for something more permanent is all.