Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Fallon View Post
What trailer Banda?
The trailer is S.O.B. The handle is similar to this one, but mine locks even tighter into each position:
Lend-A-Hand RV Hand Rail - Polar White - Stromberg Carlson AM-200 - Hand Rails - Camping World
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #22

If you make a "U" (staple) shaped piece you can put it in the 2 small holes next on the side of the handle bracket so if it does get closed it does not drop into the locking area.
bplantcjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:10 AM   #23

We used to do a lot of motorcycle rallies and we use to stay in a our inclosed trailer that just had the standard cargo trailer door lock what they call the cam lock,
so on that i drilled a hole put an eye bolt in so i could lock the handel open so we could not be locked inside

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:43 PM   #24
Always Learning

Thanks to this thread, I finally tried opening our door with the handle folded over and it wouldn't budge with my daughter pushing. I may need to get in there and put my shoulder on it to see if I can move it.

I think I'm going to look for the thread where someone filed down the catches.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:45 AM   #25
Site Team

It will swing out with enough pressure on the door. Try it with someone outside just for peace of mind. I've thought about this also.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #26

I just tried my Cedar Creek and with me on the inside DW closed the handle I could not open the door. Something will have to be done, maybe a lock installed on handle or take a file to it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM   #27
15 -21FBRS 17-F150 2.7 e

I'm thinking about drilling a hole so I can put a small padlock on it to lock it open when camping.

2015 21fbrs
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 5.0
J.Fallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #28

I wonder if they were redesigned at some point. When mine is folded it doesn't fully seat in the bracket but when extended it does. Mine is easy to force open if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1775.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	98861   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1776.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	98862  
Hornnumb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:25 PM   #29

I hate when it rotates the pictures on its on.
Hornnumb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #30

Hi Guys I keep seeing posts about fellow RVers worried about getting stuck inside there travel trailer is someone was to close the exterior door grab handle!!! Well as for my TT I have one that was factory installed which you lift up grab handle and it swings over a closed door during traveling. And you open up when out at your campsite. Then on my front entry door there was only a stationary pull handle, and I purchased and. Install a extra exterior grab handle like the factory installed swing over door handle. Well reading these forums and seeing so many concerns,i went to my TT and closed both swing grab handles over each door and I was able to get the swing handle to open effortlessly, so I'm confused everyone saying they get stuck from the inside of there TT and can't get out. Either theirs are installed wrong or something is defective with their handles. I find it weird a manufacturer would put a hand on a door that would trap someone inside, being a safety concern. Just Saying.
justpassinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #31

Plus might want to check that yours wasn't installed upside down. As that would make it hard to open. I just can't see how yours gets stuck closed I have tried mine several times and it just doesn't get stuck in the closed position

Jim and Ruby
Old 02-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #32

I want to say mine is the Lend a Handle model by Stromberg Carlson. AM-200 Assist. Maybe you should swap your out for this model as it's impossible to trapped inside you TT

Jim and Ruby
Old 02-08-2016, 07:54 PM   #33

Here is what I did to the R-Pod we had (Method 2) except I drilled it so I could use a small lock and I worked great and I will be doing it to the 17FQ when I get a chance.

http://blog.goodsamcamping.com
Old 02-09-2016, 07:42 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-N View Post
Here is what I did to the R-Pod we had (Method 2) except I drilled it so I could use a small lock and I worked great and I will be doing it to the 17FQ when I get a chance.

http://blog.goodsamcamping.com

Thanks. I'll look at that, I am looking for a small cable lock, something quick and easy. My folding grab handle has to be folded across the door when traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door