Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #11

Thanks!!I appreciate the advice!! We are in S7 1 spot from the lake. How far is this from the show? the online map looks like i could hit the stage with a rock, but its obviously not to scale. I planned on bringing the genny in case there was a power issue but didnt cross my mind to fill the fresh tank. I figured we'd let the ladies shower inside and the fellas could use the outside. Worst case scenario we can shower in swim trunks without the enclosure but if the beer is flowin well, i may just shower butt naked. So what time do people start lining up for the gold circle? I saw a ton of pictures from that area last year and that's definitely where we wanna be. The crazier the better!!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I thinking he was drying, or drying out. We had just got back from concert, was sitting outside waiting on my buddy, who was on stage crew, to finish up, when this young guy just sat up in the back of my truck. Was kinda like the waking of the dead. Poor kid had no idea where he was camping at, or even what section. I was able to get ahold of his girlfriend and got him sent on his way in the right direction.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
How much can the cost of cg showers really be?

I've only camped once where the showers were pay.
It cost 2.00 a day per person
I take that back dw and I shared a shower.

Turbs
yep - DW and I do the same. Conservation, ya know?

But it runs us $5.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat55 View Post
The wife and I along with 5 friends are going to a 3 day concert this summer. We paid the extra $$ for a campsite with water and electric but unfortunately they do not have sewer. Showers are available but for a fee. My biggest concern is filling up the gray tank because of showers. Considering its July and we will be outside all day/night, taking showers is a MUST!! I'd like to build some sort of enclosure for the outside shower so we don't have to pay $50 to have the camper pumped out. I'm not looking to do anything real intricate but just something that provides privacy for taking a quick shower. Has anyone built something like this or have pictures? I'm thinking I can use 1" PVC and a couple shower curtains, but would appreciate some input from anyone with knowledge about doing this. Thanks!!
Do you have an EZ-UP or some other similar shelter? Most of them have "walls" that can be attached to close them up and you could use it for shower space. Heck, if you had one just throw some tarps around it, that would likely be cheaper than the walls that you can buy for them.
I have seen shelters like this used before for showering...
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat55 View Post
Thanks!!I appreciate the advice!! We are in S7 1 spot from the lake. How far is this from the show? the online map looks like i could hit the stage with a rock, but its obviously not to scale. I planned on bringing the genny in case there was a power issue but didnt cross my mind to fill the fresh tank. I figured we'd let the ladies shower inside and the fellas could use the outside. Worst case scenario we can shower in swim trunks without the enclosure but if the beer is flowin well, i may just shower butt naked. So what time do people start lining up for the gold circle? I saw a ton of pictures from that area last year and that's definitely where we wanna be. The crazier the better!!
Some start lining up the when they leave the show the night before, but usually about 8-9 if you want to get wrist bands. It's probably a couple hundred yards if you're on the south end of lake. Most of the sights on the south end have a level pad but the "yard" in out the front door sloaps away fairly rapidly on a few. We know the owners, so after the show we hang out a bit at the stage, and you can look out over the land and it's a sea of aluminum! We always find a dozen cell phones, coolers, some full of beer still. I'm always amazed at what people leave behind.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #16

Just have the five friends pitch in on the sewer truck, if you are letting them stay with you that is the least they can do. They could pay for the campsite too. Attitude of gratitude!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #17

Use a pop up hunting blind very light easy to use and cheap