Old 05-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
Outside sink

Am thinking of making an outdoor sink using 1/2 inch pvc pipe as the legs and then some kind of a drain pan or something as the sink. However I am thinking about tapping into the low water drains as hot and cold water supply. Maybe a valve then a quick disconnect then when wanting to drain just connect a short hose to the quick connector. Has anyone ever done this before?

Nantzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
Sure. It's been done by many a folk. You can just add a T connector with a valve. BadaBing!

rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist
When I finally located my low point drains I thought the same thing. Then I recalled the outside shower on the other side of the trailer. All that is needed then is a basin of some sort.

From my observation if you had a dollar for every one who "showered" with the outside shower you'd probably starve. But if you had a dollar for every one who used it to clean fish you'd be pretty well off.

It was an option Sweet Wife insisted on. Since 2008 we have never used it. Not once. Maybe I should take up fishing?

My drains are next to the entry door. If I wanted an outside sink under the awning, I think you are right. Put some shut off valves on the low point drains and rig some hoses to a sink faucet. Easy. The hard part as you say is finding a portable basin.

Until then I guess the shower and a bucket or dishpan will do. But those shut off valves on the drains would make winterizing that much easier.
Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:16 PM   #4
I will do some research and if I decide to do such I will post pics of the progress. Thanks
Nantzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:42 PM   #5
Nothing fancy, but I ran across a fella once that had taken one of those folding camp tables, made a cut out in the top to drop in a plastic basin, drilled through to mount a standard faucet right into the table top, and a 5 gallon bucket underneath for a drain.

Pretty slick without breaking the bank.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
I have one of these and it works great.
Bass Pro Shops Folding Processing Table | Bass Pro Shops
EYEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #7
I'm thinking about adding an outside shower beside the WH so I can use it for a sink.
2015 Shamrock 21DK
2005 Silverado Ext cab

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:26 AM   #8
NantzFamily-Check Pinterest under the DIY section. If you search on 'camp sink' you will find a number of designs from very simple to very complex. Good luck.
2007 Rockwood Roo 232
2002 Chev Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab
Me and DH (aka the Bearded Guy) and as many kids and grandkids as are available at any given time.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
KateE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #9
When I was in a tent, and later on in a popup, I made an outside sink using a laundry tub. Found one at Menards for under $20. I added a faucet and hose fitting. The sink doubled as storage for the hoses when not in use. The legs just popped right off and stored in the tub with the hoses. Worked great.

Here's one very similar, but mine had plastic legs, which made it cheaper and lighter:

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Mike Schultz

Mikeschultz85 is offline   Reply With Quote