Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #81

We bought the Ecocamel. Works great. Uses less water, more pressure and drains itself. Has a shutoff in line too. Saw it in the Motor Home mag. Was recommended.
UK Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #82

A friend gave us the Oxygenics as a rv-warming gift. We really like it. Saved the old one to use as replacement for the outdoor shower head if ever needed
Old 06-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
We used the Oxygenics on a recent trip to Cades Cove. It worked well. I don't see a need for additional cutoff valves unless you're boondocking in the desert and really need to conserve water, or gray water.
With 2-3 people taking showers, you can go thru 6 gallons of hot water pretty quick.

I like my Soft Pause
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #84

The collar for the original cracked during our first trip. Repaired w/ superglue, but took as a sign and ordered the Oxygenics from Amazon. Came in 2 days free shipping (we have 30 days free Prime). Lived up to its billing - DW very happy which makes me very happy. DW came up w/ the idea of storing the shower head in the net bag FR put in the shower.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #85
Site Team - Lou

Ordered EcoCamel; will let you know...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:35 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Cards Fan View Post
We bought the Ecocamel. Works great.
Their website says it uses up to 8 liters per minute or 2.11 gpm based on bar pressure, which is a varible in RV applications. That is more than the base model oxygenetics which mine says burns 1.6 gpm.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #87

We've used ours a few times now, and I like it. Installed very easy. I think it is a good bit better than what can in the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost, Supercab
etothepii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmncamp View Post
After all the reviews I also had to give this a try. Replaced a decent 5 setting shower head in my Coachman 360 IBL. Before I got the Oxygenic I added a shutoff valve to the shower head line. The first time showering I turned the water back on to rinse and it burnt the #&^@ out of me! The Oxygenic on / off valve doesn't have the hot water issue. +1 for the Oxygenic shower head. It seems to have more rinsing ability than the OEM head.

DW likes it too, but said the water splatters everywhere.

Hey farmncamp - we have a nice 5 setting shower head in our Coachmen 325 RLS - probably the same as what you had. I was wondering how this compared to the Oxygenic. Ours has a setting that sprays a high pressure mist. I was thinking that this was like what the Oxigenic offers. Did your OEM head have a similar setting? If so, it sounds like we should switch as well? Thanks.
D LBRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:31 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Was reading the May edition of Trailer Life today and noticed that Oxygenics has a "New and Improved" shower head that is markedly different from our 2 year old one.

Does anyone have this installed? I like the feature of having 5 different shower setting and having a variable flow control in the handle is wizard!
We JUST bought this at CW last week and installed it last weekend. It is way better then our other Oxygenics one - more like a regular shower. We unscrewed the old one and just put some teflon tape (provided in package) on the new one and connected it to the existing hose. Took maybe 5 minutes.

Didn't run out of hot water either - just used the flow control to turn it down to a trickle when soaping up.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #90

I haven't turned mine on yet ( just installed), but I like the height difference already, and it's prettier than the original. If it uses less water, with a pressure increase, so much the better. I would like to point out that I purchased a metal wound shower hose from camping world that is better than the cheesy rubber hose that comes with the oxygenic.
video link here shows the mod:
johnnyfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #91

Oxygenic

I bought the whole set-up, hose too. I love it. In DC recently, and I used it 8 days. Loved it. BTY, Cherry Hill RV park in College Park, MD is a 10! We don't pull a car, city bus picks you up and takes you to subway. Personnel explain everything about getting around. And city has Unber. Used it 8 times
Old 07-23-2015, 10:43 AM   #92
Who Dares, Wins

We love ours as well. I saw a review where they now have a new version with the changeable streams as well.

BTW, we have stayed at Cherry Hill Park a half dozen times now and love it!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #93

Oxygenic shower - oops

My bad. We have the Ecocamel shower head. It did come with the metal water line. Had to buy in line shutoff as an extra. Works well when you need to wash hair, or shave.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfd View Post
I haven't turned mine on yet ( just installed), but I like the height difference already, and it's prettier than the original. If it uses less water, with a pressure increase, so much the better. I would like to point out that I purchased a metal wound shower hose from camping world that is better than the cheesy rubber hose that comes with the oxygenic.
video link here shows the mod:
Pair your shower head with this and you will have showers in your RV that are as good as you have at home! (Set your PSI to @ 55-60)

http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Regul...sure+regulator
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Pair your shower head with this and you will have showers in your RV that are as good as you have at home! (Set your PSI to @ 55-60)

http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Regul...sure+regulator
That wont do anything when on (Pump) put in a Large Bladder Tank and even on (Pump) very Smooth showers! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #96

johnnyfd. Thanks for the article. Went to CW today and bought that shower hose. 100% better than that plastic hose.
Mike
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower