Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #41

I love the Oxygenics showerhead. I'm sure by now you've heard the stories of my long luscious Flabio-like mane. I need all of the help I can get to get through my full head of thick, rich, beautiful hair.[/QUOTE]

And yes, WE ALL have heard this lie(story), at least 1 too many times!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Check out the (3) reviews. Not very positive.
Ours has worked (Perfect) for over (2 years), total of 170+Days of use X 2=(340) We feel it works Very well. When using the valve we each turn it On/Off 3-4 times per shower so that adds up to (2720 turns) so far,will Post when it fails! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #43

Come on youroo, get on the Lowes website and copy and past your last post! I weigh all the reviews of a product before I buy. Who knows, your positive review may be the deciding factor!

BTW, I failed to add this to one of my previous posts today!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #44

I bought the valve at (ACE H/W)! They don't pay me for (R&D)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #45
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I guess I got a little confused, the pic you posted didn't look like the link to the item on Amazon.
I tried, in the past, to turn the end of the hose connected to the faucet on my Oxygenics and I always turn it too much and I have a 3 Stooges incident in the shower!

I'm going to look into this valve or something else real soon.

Thanks for the info.
Sorry Timex - when I bought the Oxygenics showerhead, it came with a flow constrictor, but not an actual shutoff. Some kind of turning thing that didn't seem friendly with soapy hands.

My first purchase was this:
Push-button Shower On/Off

I had issues with it and the Oxygenics showerhead (the picture that I showed) due to those plastic things overlapping the button.

I then switched to the Shut Off Valve that I linked to.

And, just for you:

Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Yes same one but ours came from Ace H/W. Youroo!!
Youroo, is that a hard water supply pipe at the bottom (outflow) end connection in your picture. That doesn't appear to be adaptable to to oxy showerhead.

Also, the Danco is not a 100% shutoff. Read the amazon reviews, its a dribble valve too.

Guess we're all still looking for the set up with the oxygen head.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yeah, mine is at the faucet- easier to turn. I tried the push button at both ends and it just didn't work for me. The turning one from Amazon that I linked to works just fine.

I love the Oxygenics showerhead. I'm sure by now you've heard the stories of my long luscious Flabio-like mane. I need all of the help I can get to get through my full head of thick, rich, beautiful hair.
Doug,

Just to doublecheck...

the Amazon link you provided Danco 89171 Shut-Off Shower Valve, Chrome - Faucet Valves - Amazon.com

Is for a 100% shut-off valve? Reason I ask is it has a huge price disparity between the valves that advertise being 100% ($11.35 versus $25.00 or more)

Like you I see more value in installing the valve at the faucet rather than the shower head

Cheers

Bob
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #48
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Doug,

Just to doublecheck...

the Amazon link you provided Danco 89171 Shut-Off Shower Valve, Chrome - Faucet Valves - Amazon.com

Is for a 100% shut-off valve? Reason I ask is it has a huge price disparity between the valves that advertise being 100% ($11.35 versus $25.00 or more)

Like you I see more value in installing the valve at the faucet rather than the shower head

Cheers

Bob
I've been trying to think back to my shower experiences after reading the comment by Still Kickin and reading the Amazon reviews. I am thinking that we do get a trickle/drip with it fully "off". I honestly hadn't noticed until I camped a couple of weeks ago and was using it. Something about the shower head and cold splashing water got me to notice it.

It's not really a problem for me- I'm not doing it to conserve water overall, just simply to conserve *hot* water and.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Youroo, is that a hard water supply pipe at the bottom (outflow) end connection in your picture. That doesn't appear to be adaptable to to oxy showerhead.

Also, the Danco is not a 100% shutoff. Read the amazon reviews, its a dribble valve too.

Guess we're all still looking for the set up with the oxygen head.
Amazon does sell a 100% shut off valve but at a cost of almost 3X of the Danco valve. Here is the Amazon link:

100% Shower Head Shut Off Valve - Solid Brass - Chrome Finish - Chrome Ball Valves - Amazon.com
Old 04-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Amazon does sell a 100% shut off valve but at a cost of almost 3X of the Danco valve. Here is the Amazon link:

100% Shower Head Shut Off Valve - Solid Brass - Chrome Finish - Chrome Ball Valves - Amazon.com
Might do the trick, BUT. Think about how your going to install it, as in the youroo photo, That 100% shutoff is the same configeration as the Danco dribble valve, and I don't see an easy way to spin it on the outflow threads due to the close proximity to the shower wall, and the large knob. And yes taking the knob off doesn't buy you enough clearance, been there done that. Thats why I settled for the Danco dribble valve, and mounted inbetween the hose end and the oxygenics showerhead. Hung it in position, operate the flow control from there. I found it was the best solution, without breaking the bank. Note, that one amazon review said it didn't do a 100% shut off, but most said it did. Maybe with enough money yiu can make it happen!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #51

PUULEEZE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sorry Timex
And, just for you:

MODERATORS, can we get a GAG ORDER in place. Anything that is that disgusting shouldn't be here. GAG, GAG, GAG! I'm having to hold my hand in front of my face to shield my eyes to even read the posts from this,this,this.... PUUULEEEZZE!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #52
2014 LaCrosse 324RST

Ours has the steam of hot water too, and it doesn't loose the water temp. Now got to replace the cheap faucet so we can regulate the hot and cold.
ronconp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #53

I'm with you Kickin! Not prepared to spend as much for a *valve* as I did for the Showerhead upgrade

If it dribbles a bit, that won't be a dealbreaker for me. Plus, like you, I want to mount it at the faucet not the showerhead.

Think I might mosy down to Lowe's tonight and see what's in stock - if they come close in price, may just pick one up there.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #54

Mine Have no button. The one problem we have is the holder will not hold the head in place all night. Will slowly slip toward the pan even though it is very tight.
Portagie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portagie1968 View Post
Mine Have no button. The one problem we have is the holder will not hold the head in place all night. Will slowly slip toward the pan even though it is very tight.

Plastic or metal holder?

Sanding drum in a Dremel ?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Plastic or metal holder?

Sanding drum in a Dremel ?

Plastic. Thank you will give a try when we get back.

The other problem we had to solve is a bend in the shower hose. The valve points straight up so the heat wold cause the shower hose to bend right above it causing a kink. My next fix to ponder soon.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portagie1968 View Post
Plastic. Thank you will give a try when we get back.

The other problem we had to solve is a bend in the shower hose. The valve points straight up so the heat wold cause the shower hose to bend right above it causing a kink. My next fix to ponder soon.
I replaced my shower hose with a 72" from Lowes made of stainless. NO kinking the hose.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
I replaced my shower hose with a 72" from Lowes made of stainless. NO kinking the hose.

Next mod. Thanks
Old 05-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post

Good Idea!! I was thinking of a real DIY solution - coiled wire similar to the kink guards put on garden hoses
Old 07-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #60

Shut off valve

We have used the Positive Shut Off Valve on this page for years and it shuts off 100% of the water.
offroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower